Hands-On Director of Analytics
- Location QUEENS, NY
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH2002730
What you'll do at
Walmart, in an effort to ensure the number 1 spot in retail and eCommerce, has and continues to make a commitment to innovation. We do this in two ways; through incubation and acquisition of new and innovative technology companies, adding new brands to our family each and every year. The goal here is to allow these brands to grow organically with the backing of the world’s largest retailer, to live by our motto of "Save Money, Live better”. We are currently supporting brands including Eloquii, Bonobos, Jetblack, IRL, Franklin, Hayneedle, Art.com, Spatial&, Jet.com and many more. We are located in New York, the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, Omaha, Los Angeles and Hoboken.
Here’s some inside info from business insider on Walmart Brands:
What You'll Do
We need a talented hands-on Director of Analytics to partner with our team to combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Walmart and our family of brands from the inside out. We are looking to bring an intellectually curious Analytics Leader who is passionate about innovation in general.
- Lead marketing business analysis, identifying insights and opportunities that drive growth by leveraging internal sales, customer, and product data as well as external sources as required.
- Use predictive modeling capabilities to forecast customer lifetime value and report on LTV trends, changes and how it impacts the health of the business
- Maintain and continuously improve a buyer-based business forecasting model, using LTV and acquisition plans to forecast future sales in close partnership with Finance and Planning
- Translate the buyer model forecasts into specific marketing KPIs and plans, serving as the expert on marketing reporting within the brand organization (to the VP of Marketing, VP of Finance and CEO) and up into the Walmart organization
- Track and analyze customer behavior trends to grow the organization’s understanding of the customer and to drive lifecycle marketing across touchpoints
- Work closely with Marketing to measure performance of key initiatives and assess the health of the customer file
- Collaborate with Marketing to help analyze and leverage market/customer research
- Work closely with Technology to design and implement an omni-channel single view of the customer, ensuring best practices in customer identification, deduplication, and data security
- Ensure best practices in A/B and multivariate testing and analysis are utilized
- Be an organizational thought leader in all things data; validation, interpretation and visualization
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative field (statistics, applied mathematics, econometrics, etc.).
- 5-7 years experience in an analytical function, preferably in e-commerce or retail.
- Mastery and speed within Excel is a must; SQL fluency highly preferred.
- Experience with predictive modeling and/or business forecasting .
- Ability to conceptualize business issues, formulate hypotheses, gather results, analyze data, and make appropriate recommendations for change.
- Familiarity with advanced analytical techniques such as clustering, decision trees, logistic regression, and recommendation systems is highly desirable.
- Experience using Tableau, Looker, or similar data visualization/dashboarding tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience presenting to executives.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly accurate and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical Marketing, Solutions Marketing, Sales Engineering or Professional services experience
- Proven experience leading products from concept through sales or user adoption
- Good experience of working with globally distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
- Prefer experience in one or more of the following areas: Big Data, data Quality and Governance, Machine Learning, Visualization, Cloud Security and Privacy