Lead Android Engineer - Project Florence
- Location BROOKLYN, NY
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1995567
What you'll do at
Project Florence is an unannounced, customer-facing product in the digital health space.
We are a nimble, cross-functional team operating independently within the innovation arm of Walmart. We’re building technology that has the potential to impact millions of lives. Our team, based in Brooklyn, is scrappy and entrepreneurial with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer.
We are looking for self-motivated people, who are eager to work in a fast-paced environment. As the Lead Android Engineer on the Project Florence team, you will own the customer facing mobile experience and be expected to make a lot of technical decisions. You will work closely with other engineers, a product manager, and a designer to iterate quickly.
- 4+ years of experience developing, releasing, and maintaining Android applications
- Ability to translate designs into organized, performant user interfaces
- High level of competence with Java or Kotlin and the Android development lifecycle
- Experience working with REST APIs, push notifications, background services
- Competence with testing frameworks, CI/CD, mobile analytics, security
- Preferred: Bluetooth, Dagger or Koin, Room, Jetpack, RxJava, Retrofit, etc
- Helpful: BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- A large, open workspace in NYC’s Greenpoint neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit and snacks