Associate Buyer - Art.com
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1992038
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Job
You are responsible for defining strategy, planning and executing a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising tactics. You will be directly responsible for optimizing the site experience for Art.com leveraging cross functional partnerships to define priorities, analytics as the voice of the customer and competitive research to understand what is happening in the space. A successful candidate will be highly analytical and data driven as well as have passion for product and merchandising. Strengths in organization and process balanced with a creative eye are critical. Accountability and ownership are a must. You need to be proactive and results driven, with a proficiency in working on multiple priorities at the same time. You will need to create business solutions in a fast paced, multi-dimensional environment, collaborating with cross-functional business leaders to drive business objectives and influence strategies.
Category Review and Monitoring:
- Owns weekly and monthly reporting on category page, product listing pages, and occasionally promotional pages to inform strategy and improvements to the site experience.
- Proactively requests new analytics from Retail Analytics function.
- Reviews reports of site traffic and patterns and performs insightful analytics to determine areas for optimization to drive conversion rates.
- Effectively builds and grows cross functional partnerships to achieve site and retail KPIs (GMV, conversion, click through rate) to optimize the site experience. Collaboration:
- Works closely with campaign and program leads and cross-functional partners (e.g., Category Management, Pricing, Marketing) to align on strategies and plans
- Serves as an advisor and partner to category manager, identifying potential enhancements or changes based on knowledge of the category, industry trends and customer behaviors.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments.
Customer Experience Optimization:
- Applies knowledge of customer behaviors and decision making and contributes to the development of the strategy for site features and functionality (including what makes the category unique)
- Oversees evaluation of customer reviews, analyzes trends and patterns, and provides insights regarding buyer group preferences to optimize customer experience and drive category performance.
- Leads the analysis of patterns and recommends modification of site features to category managers to fit the needs of the customer.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
Visual Merchandising Presentation:
- Oversees the visual merchandising presentation for a low-to-moderately complex category to best respond to customer demand and convert visits into sales.
- Strategizes and collaborates with the Category Management team and external vendors on the site experience for new brands launches.
- Leads the site strategy, build, analysis, and maintenance of special promotional campaigns as they relate to their category.
- Directs the display of and approves product attributes, images and content, and ensures proper taxonomy and attribution.
- Understands market best practices for visual merchandise displays and builds plans to reflect first class presentation of products within categories.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- One to two years related experience