Business Development Manager (CA or NJ)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1987863
What you'll do at
This role can be based in Hoboken, NJ OR San Bruno, CA
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Team Description: Marketplace Growth – SMB Acquisition
Walmart.com is committed to creating a superior customer experience and marketplace sellers are an instrumental part of that strategy. Walmart’s Marketplace team is focused on growing the business by acquiring, onboarding, and managing new brands and sellers with a seller-first approach.
Specifically, The Small and Medium-sized Business Acquisition Team is at the core of the Marketplace growth strategy. This team will be working to bring new high-quality sellers into our eco-system based on targeted recruitment data. The goal of this team will be to fuel growth by acquiring sellers that deliver a best in class customer experience to the Walmart.com shoppers.
Position Description / Main Responsibilities:
- Walmart eCommerce is seeking a dynamic and motivated Sales Representative.
- This Sales Representative will be responsible for recruiting, educating and launching new sellers on the Walmart Marketplace.
- This person will be the primary point of contact for those companies throughout the entire sales process.
- The Sales Representative will be tasked with developing and managing a sales pipeline mix of small and medium business accounts while executing sales strategies to secure deals that will exceed aggressive account acquisition goals.
- This individual will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within these businesses and demonstrating the value of partnering with Walmart Marketplace.
- This person must be highly motivated as there will be both weekly and monthly goals in place. Acquisition will be done primarily over the phone and via email communication. Some travel will be required for industry tradeshows/events.
- This person will be expected to work cross-functionally with other teams within the org to insure success of the overall Marketplace strategy.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Prior experience in volume sales is preferred
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to track progress and measure results
- Ability to work effectively and achieve results across internal functional areas and external parties in ambiguous situations
- Problem-solving approach with strong follow-through
- Customer-first, positive, upbeat mind-set
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- Be the seller/customer: You have a deep understanding of how to connect with and develop amazing experience for customers/partners