Sr Manager II, Returns Advanced Analytics
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1987005
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Job
Walmart is looking for a Senior Manager with strong leadership skills to oversee the Enterprise Returns Advanced Analytics team and to coordinate and lead the analytics strategy to support the returns program including the implementation of complex, cross-functional, and highly visible strategic initiatives that will help drive a world-class returns experience for the customer.
You will provide strategic and analytic support for the Enterprise Returns team. Your goal is to use data and analyses to uncover problems, inform critical business decisions, and help drive the strategy of the enterprise returns program. This leader will lead the analytics team to be agile and apply the right frameworks and business analysis to each phase of the program lifecycle.
This position reports directly to the Vice President eCommerce Returns
This leader is mission critical to setting up our key return capabilities and differentiation in retail. This role requires a unique balance of understanding of retail business, understanding of returns along with a very deep knowledge of returns analytics, advanced analytical concepts, data science and statistical concepts.
You should be adept at conducting scalable data analyses and insightful visualizations that help tell a story. You should be highly skilled at taking unstructured business questions and coming up with actionable analytic solutions. The individual just won't seek to apply the most complex method but can weigh the pros and cons of simplicity vs complexity and place a high value on understanding the “why”.
The Senior Manager II, Returns Advanced Analytics should have a strong grasp of most of the following analytical techniques - econometric modelling, forecasting, elasticity estimation, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Student t-test, Advanced sampling techniques, Statistical Significance test, Power test, Chi Square test, Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), Analysis of Covariance (ANCOVA), Generalized Linear Model, Conjoint Analysis, Choice Model and K means Clustering.
This leader will have a passion for storytelling using data. The individual will be skilled at engaging and communicating across multiple domains and presenting results to technical and non-technical audiences. Candidates should have hands on knowledge of SAS, R,Python, SQL, Hadoop, Teradata, Hive and Advanced Excel modeling. The candidate should also have experience in managing and mentoring a team of 2-3 analysts and have 10+ years of professional experience ideally in the analytics space.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Statistics, Math or related field, with MBA or MS.
- 10+ years of professional experience in analytics and data science
- Experience leading a team of 2 or more analysts
- Able to extract data from sources across different workstreams/platforms (for e.g., dotcom, stores etc.) and synthesize into dashboards or insightful information.
- Strong attention to detail and self-driven. Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Partner with stakeholders from various internal groups to understand process and data elements.
- Multi-tasking ability to handle requests to support multiple pilots and pivot quickly based on resource ask and business need.
- Ability to select the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.
- Excellent data mining capabilities using tools such as SQL/VBA, Tableau or Teradata.
- Ability to distill data-driven insights through informative visualizations and executive level communications
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to influence stakeholders and win credibility through collaborative approaches.
- Experience in supply chain and logistics areas
- Prior eCommerce or retail analytics experience.
- Experience with CSAT, NPS and other customer experience metrics.
- Customer Returns experience and reverse logistics flow in a dotcom business.
- Experience with statistical analysis (JMP, Python or R) and Six sigma tools.
- Familiarity with Finance and accounting related data analysis.