Category Manager, Breakfast Foods
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Everyday Living
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1986471
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About this position
The Category Manager - Breakfast Foods is the business owner of an assortment of breakfast foods & hot beverages across the suite of Walmart US eCommerce websites – including Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle and more. Your ultimate goal is to oversee a team to expand your business, grow its profitability, and make our sites the most compelling destination online to shop your assortment.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
Own the Beverages category – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands (Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle) – and be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
Develop and manage relationships with top CPG companies: Your suppliers will be among the top CPG companies in the world. You will become an expert in their products, jointly create promotional campaigns, and empower them to optimize their business on our sites.
Managing and inspiring a team of category experts: You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories and allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, and you will manage them and ensure they are helping you build our Grocery experience!
- Own category financial targets and KPIs (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve and elevate the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and identifying assortment gaps and opportunities
- Optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Work with planning and supply chain partners to manage owned inventory in your category
- Own vendor relationships, including negotiating product costs and supplier funding
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing and creative teams on category messaging
- Manage and inspire a team of category specialists and experts
How you’ll know it’s right
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- If you want to run your own company one day…
- 6+ years of proven experience in retail; eCommerce experience preferred
- 2+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Strong analytical skillset; ability to identify relevant data sources and extract insights from data
- Sound commercial acumen; track record of developing and executing strategies aligned to business goals, and taking calculated risks while appropriately managing trade-offs
- Proven track record of establishing and developing business relationships, and in complex negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience