- Location NEW YORK, NY
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1981238
What you'll do at
Bonobos is looking for a Data Scientist who possesses a passion for innovating business and delivering value through the creation, validation and delivery of data science models.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the largest digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshop locations) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail and our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
Reporting to the Director of Data Engineering & Governance, you will partner on the strategy for delivering business driven AI/ML. Working with the Product Data Manager you will gather requirements from business to inform the strategy. In addition you will contribute to the design of the data science workflow from model creation to delivery. These designs will inform the platform team on how to evolve the data platforms. You will own the organizations AI/ML model catalog, its creation, design, content and how it evolves over time.
What you'll do...
- Owns the organizations AI/ML model catalog, its creation, design, content and how it's evolves over time
- Governs the organizations use of thirdy AI/ML model catalogs and its relationship to the internal catalog and how it is trained and served
- Manages the relationship between features in the AI/ML model catalog and the data ecosystem and how data evolves over time
- Validates that AI/ML models, pipelines and solutions follow data governance policies, standards and intent
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures and modifies software for the functional creation of AI/ML models, as well as the pipelines that create, train, and serve them using various programming languages, technologies and development methodologies.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements AI/ML models, pipelines, solutions and/or software tools, and utilities for the purpose of assuring acceptable performance and service levels.
- Implements AI/ML models with established pipelines and solutions using source control, infrastructure as code, continuous integration throughout the entire delivery model
- Implements AI/ML models with established pipelines and solutions that ensure monitored, with relevant alerts, logging and tracing that guarantee the relevant durability, availability and performance.
- Completes technical documentation that adds value, including but not limited to testing, training governance, software delivery and scientific method used in model creation
- Have 2+ years creating, validating and delivering data science models that deliver business value.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields
- Applied Machine Learning experience (regression and classification, supervised, and unsupervised learning).
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics).
- Ability to collect, process, analyze and report large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data, and identify trends anomalies with minimal supervision
- Ability to explain mathematical formulas and statistical findings to non-technical users and decision makers
- Extract business insights from analysis of data and communicate (orally, written, or visually) those insights to business leaders
- Programming experience with Python for data analysis (e.g. Pandas, NumPy, matplotlib, etc...); particularly in processing and analysis of different sources of quantitative and qualitative data
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you