Group Product Manager - WMG
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1957307
What you'll do at
About the Role
We’re looking for a Group Product Manager to help reimagine the way we empower brand advertisers to reach and activate their audiences. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role building compelling, impactful advertising solutions such as fully self-serve platforms to provide campaign automation and management, full funnel campaign targeting and measurement solutions designed to support the needs of the world’s largest brands by helping shoppers discover, research and buy from leading brands across properties such as Walmart, Jet, Moosejaw etc.
If you’re excited about leveraging Walmart’s audience data to design, develop and manage the next wave of innovative, this will be an exciting career move for you. To be successful in this role you will need to be creative, innovative, data driven, influencer, problem solver and great communicator.
- Lead a team of Product Managers and drive strategic planning, establish PM best practices, mentor PMs, drive Cross-Functional alignment, and resolve large scale conflicts.
- Grow our advertising revenue by identifying new opportunities, developing strategic programs and executing upon those strategies by delivering new advertising solutions for our customers
- Partner with internal advertising sales team and Walmart retail teams to create unique, compelling experiences that benefit shoppers and our advertising clients
- Drive product requirement definitions, research, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, testing, KPIs and other launch efforts
- Work cross-functionally across a complex matrixed organization to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences
- Manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way and willing to do what it takes to make our product successful.
- Research the digital marketing ecosystem and players (including advertising partners, agencies, technology partners, and competitors) in order to inform product priorities
- Technical Bachelor's degree required/MBA a huge plus!
- 12+ years in product management, data, consumer products, digital advertising and/or marketing
- Online display advertising industry experience and/or previous sales/business development/publisher experience are highly desired. Experience with custom solutions is a plus!
- Passionate about advertising and have experience creating compelling solutions that work both for end-users and advertisers.
- Passionate about generating big, creative ideas for online media, growing the business and working with advertisers and agencies to build innovative products
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, proven ability to influence others internally and externally
About Walmart Media Group
Want to change the face of digital advertising? Want to re-imagine how the world's largest omni-channel consumer database can be used to power targeted campaigns for the largest brands in the world? We are rethinking digital advertising here at Walmart and are looking for some great people to help make this happen.
At Walmart, we enable the connection between brands and shoppers at unprecedented scale. As stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us each week. This is a unique opportunity to join a high-visibility team with a big impact on our omni-channel business. We believe all digital advertising across search, display, video and experiential can be targeted, effective and accountable -- and we have Walmart's retail sales data to prove it.