2020 Data Strategy and Enablement Internship
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Other
- Team Internship
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1949257
What you'll do at
As part of the newly created Data Strategy and Enablement Team (DS&E), this role will be an enabler of our journey to be the world’s leading data-driven retailer.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, team-oriented individuals to join as part of the data security, data privacy and governance engagement teams.
This role requires great organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and prior business process transformation experience. The successful candidates will be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround and take effective action as required.
About the Data Strategy and Enablement Organization
Our organization focuses on managing and delivering world-class data assets, including creating and maintaining data standards, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, and developing pipelines and self-service tools. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. We protect customer, associate, and partner data, ensuring privacy and security when collecting
Who you are
- Currently pursuing BA/BS or MA degree in related field such as information management, system management, operations, business, supply chain, and/or finance
- Must be in penultimate year of study with December 2020 or May 2021 graduation date
- Strong GPA and a commitment to academics
- Passion for data security and management (including data security and privacy,data quality control and data disseminaton activities)
- Data management experience and Agile (SCRUM) experience a plus
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen
- Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
About the Internship
Want to live a stylish lifestyle while working at the Fortune 1? Hoboken is minutes away from the world’s best restaurants and bars in New York City. Spend your summer exploring the vibrant night life, museums and historic parks while driving the future of our data strategy. Every day, you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of professional development offerings ranging from brand knowledge to agile training. Through the intern executive speaker series, tech talks and work-team activities you will be able to gain greater knowledge on the company and the industry. Finally and most importantly, being an intern at Walmart eCommerce is fun! Whether you are playing a pickup basketball game, hanging out at company happy hours, or taking an intern-only catamaran cruise, there is always something going on. With New York City as your playground, the opportunities both inside and outside of work are endless. Join us!