Senior Director, eCommerce
- Location CHARLESTOWN, MA
- Department Retail
- Team Retail
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1948004
What you'll do at
The Senior Director, eCommerce will join a team of eCommerce experts responsible for delivering innovative solutions to create a best-in-class online shopping experience for consumers with a focus on growing traffic and conversion across the various shoes.com consumer channels. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will be a critical enabler to the overall business by providing web analytics reporting, ad-hoc analyses that give insight into visitor behavior across our websites and apps, and continuous improvement of the site experience through A/B testing across all stages of visitor interaction.
This role is for you if you are passionate about unlocking insights that will guide the business and create the best possible site experience – everything from tactical site optimizations to strategic input into our product roadmap that is grounded in data evidence and rigorous analyses. To do this successfully, you will have a balance of analytical experience, strong technical capability, and business strategy, while working in constant collaboration and partnership with many parts of the organization, including User Experience, Product Management, Marketing, SEO, Technology and the Business Intelligence teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Web and Customer Experience analytics
- Partner with Analytics Team to develop and maintain ongoing reporting (daily, weekly, monthly) on all key site metrics across Shoes.com digital properties
- Analyze and provide insight into changes in business performance
- Synthesize complex web data, product and category performance and marketing channel data to form actionable insights to accelerate growth.
- Perform detailed analysis of online behaviors through web analytics, and utilize this information and best practices to make recommendations for stakeholders to optimize the customer journey
- Support the user experience and product management team with data and measurement related to site enhancements
- A/B Testing and Data Analysis
- Lead Site Optimization initiatives and evangelize “test and learn” mindset throughout Shoes.com
- Hands on role of designing, building, and measuring physical tests and partner with Technology for code reviews/releases of A/B tests.
- Communicate testing results, learnings and provide recommendations to key stakeholders to continually advance the testing roadmap
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Clickstream data analysis for site traffic, channels and KPIs to identify funnel issues/leaks
- Partner with stakeholders and UX to develop a roadmap focused on improving conversion and reducing customer friction points in addition to Shoes.com project/feature work
- Ensure optimization roadmap aligns with financial P&L reporting for shoes.com
- Attend leadership meetings, Monthly Business Review (MBR) meetings, weekly sales and other meetings to showcase, get buy-in, and champion the testing roadmap from the top down
- Bring consensus within the teams so all Shoes.com Roadmaps are aligned with the higher-level direction/CX Roadmap
- Manage and develop direct report and indirect reports.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Technology or related field or equivalent working experience
- 8+ years of experience in eCommerce & customer experience analytics
- 6+ years of experience in A/B testing, data analysis, and conversion rate optimization
- 4+ years of leadership experience
- Have demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following disciplines: Digital Analytics, Site Optimization, AB testing, User Research and also have had exposure to and are interested in growing in the others.
- Action oriented, independent, self-starter comfortable working in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously to drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Have hands on experience in managing the testing process and tools such as Optimizely, Maxymiser, Adobe Test & Target, Monetate, etc.
- Have hands-on experience with enterprise-level digital analytics tools including IBM coremetrics, Adobe Analytics (Omniture), or Google Analytics 360
- Have hands-on experience with of Tag Management solutions such as Tealium, Adobe DTM, and Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills