Human Resources Coordinator - Night Shift ($20.50/hour)
- Location PEDRICKTOWN, NJ
- Department Talent
- Team Talent Business Partners
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1938678
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliantly.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
Jet is looking for a collaborative, organized and FUN problem solver to join our Human Resources team. The Human Recourses Coordinator provides HR Generalist support to the organization and this role is key to ensuring a brilliant employee experience. The Human Recourses Coordinator will work very closely with the HR team to provide first level HR generalist support.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Assists with employment-related paperwork and data entry work by processing information; completing required forms (e.g., Employment Verifications, ACNT requests, unemployment forms, Jarvis logs, etc.).
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Respond promptly to employee requests and questions related to pay, schedule, absenteeism, benefits, and other general information. Take appropriate action to track, document, and/or edit the necessary forms related to those questions.
- Provides support for the hiring process by processing new hires, terminations and transfer paper and data entry work; and assisting with the new hire and transfer orientations.
- Processes payroll documentation for pay adjustments by researching, verifying and filing daily time reports, time and pay adjustments, and payroll edits; assisting with human resource functions (e.g., payroll, benefits, employment, etc.) including preparing, reviewing, analyzing and processing reports documents and logs to ensure compliance with applicable laws; responding to issues and questions related to payroll, benefits, and employment; and reporting deficiencies to management.
- Provides administrative and human resource function support by performing general clerical duties (e.g., filing, keying, faxing, answering phones); entering data in multiple systems including but not limited to Workday and Timestation; scheduling appointments and maintaining logs; and preparing, reviewing, and analyzing reports and other paperwork; processing human resources (HR) reports and documents; processing paperwork; and preparing, reviewing, and analyzing reports.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy, and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Human Resources: Office - Follows appropriate legal requirements and company policies when handling associate personnel files and other sensitive or confidential information (e.g., Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)). Utilizes company policy and procedures to assist associates regarding personnel-related matters. Processes and submits paperwork creates and maintains organized files, and identifies discrepancies in records or files. Assists with the administration of all personnel-related tasks in a timely manner. Listens, responds and resolves customer questions and concerns in an accurate and professional manner while maintaining confidentiality. Identifies and informs management of incorrect or inefficient Human Resource processes. Uses office equipment, computer software, and supplies safely and correctly.
- Customer/Member Centered: Serve the Customer/Member - Shows care and concern when serving our customers/members. Asks questions in order to understand customer/member needs. Uses policies and information in order to exceed customer/member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve customer/member requests.
- Judgment: Make Effective Choices - Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-to-day decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Work - Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required.
- Influence and Communicate: Share Information - Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
- Execution and Results: Get Results - Makes sure work is done correctly. Works on top priorities first. Makes a consistent effort to get results. Meets deadlines. Takes action in order to solve problems so work can be completed in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Compliance: Perform to Ethical Standards - Follows company policies and procedures (for example, the Ten Foot Rule). Shows integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly.
- Adaptability: Adapt - Adapts to changing work demands. Stays focused on own work when faced with change or difficulties. Stays open to and learns from assignments and feedback.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- 6 months experience with Jet clerical related responsibilities (e.g., filing, data entry) using computer applications (e.g., email, spreadsheets, word processing) OR 1 year experience with clerical related responsibilities (e.g., filing, data entry) using computer applications (e.g., email, spreadsheets, word processing) OR 1 year coursework in a Human Resource related field (e.g., Business Management, Human Resources) and 1 year experience using computer applications (e.g., email, spreadsheets, word processing) OR 1 year experience with human resource activities (e.g., payroll, benefits, workers compensation, FMLA, OSHA) and 1 year experience using computer applications (e.g., email, spreadsheets, word processing)
- Coursework in an HR-related field (e.g., Business Management, Human Resources)
- 2 years experience with human resource activities (e.g., payroll, benefits, workers compensation, FMLA, OSHA) including experience in warehouse or manufacturing
- Both 1-year experience performing clerical related responsibilities (e.g., filing, data entry, maintaining financial records) using computer applications (e.g., email, spreadsheets, word processing) and 1-year experience interacting with customers in writing and verbally