Senior Data Engineer (Pipeline) - Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1930070
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
- Join a local team of analytical, technical, and operational individual contributors that support our internal tools, systems, and infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain a data environment leveraging industry standard technologies at Walmart scale.
- Manage data-set structure and schemas for hundreds of tables and terabytes of data.
- Work together with infrastructure engineers to build an extensible data streaming platform.
- A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a software development / data engineering role
- Strong familiarity with cloud and cloud design patterns.
- Experience working with data at scale, counting in TBs of data.
- Experience working and coalescing data from a variety of data sources in a single environment.
- Strong SQL skills and expert knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.). NoSQL experience also considered.