Stylist, Stills- Fashion Photo Studio
- Location SECAUCUS, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1929416
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Stills Stylist will own all facets of laydowns & still life styling for Walmart.com photography. This individual will establish direction for the items & work closely with the Studio Art Director. The Stills Stylist will ensure style and quality are on-brand and will ensure daily production timelines and throughput goals are met. The ideal candidate will be experienced, detail oriented, organized, and will demonstrate comfort with ambiguity. A positive attitude is a must with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will possess the ability to succeed with minimal guidance and be skilled at anticipating problems and resolving them.
You are a risk taker—a dreamer who delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The studio is fast-paced environment with an average of 30-100 items per bay daily, depending on category of business. A strong focus and sense of urgency is required along with the following skills:
- Style laydown/accessory categories & provide the highest quality product styling
- Prepping and organizing of all merchandise for still photography, including clothing, jewelry, and accessories.
- Always mindful of the customer experience, prepare and style product in accordance with Photo Style Guide and with key differentiating product details in mind
- Partner with Studio Manager, Sample Coordinators, Photo Art Director, Producers, Photographers and Assistant Stylist to ensure efficient workflow, and the highest quality images
- Stay current with the design/fashion industry including global and consumer trends, assessing and communicating their potential impact to the business
- Maintain a stocked styling kit at all times letting studio coordinator know of any special ordering needs
- Maintain positive work environment with high creative standards
- Maintain a highly organized atmosphere in the studio
- Work with Senior Stylist and Sample Coordinator to make sure all samples are accounted for and Re-attach all sample tags to merch after each shoot.
- Have the ability to style on fig, Looklet and stills as need be.
- 4+ years experience as a Stylist in Fashion e-commerce (high volume experience a plus)
- Online Portfolio that demonstrates fashion expertise Excellent organizational skills, a natural collaborator, but can work well independently
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and high ethical standard
- Flexible, and able to respond immediately to business changes and priorities
- Self-driven and willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’
- BA or BFA Degree in design, photography, or related field, or equivalent experience
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results
Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures, and supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.