Senior Systems Engineer
- Location OMAHA, NE
- Department Technology
- Team Infrastructure
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1926189
What you'll do at
Hayneedle is an online retailer of home furnishing and décor. As part of the Walmart family of brands, we get to call over two million talented people our teammates. The number one reason people join us is to be a part of a nimble, high-performing team with unlimited opportunity and resources.
Ready to join… Here is your next play.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for planning, configuring, testing, deploying, trouble-shooting and managing our enterprise servers and applications in our call centers as well as data centers.
This role will report to the Infrastructure Operations Manager and will be based in Omaha, NE.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Support and troubleshooting of enterprise technologies in a highly redundant environment
- Utilize experience with multiple OS variants to perform systems administration and troubleshooting, monitoring, system configuration, tuning & optimization, performance analysis, backups and recovery
- Serve as an engineering escalation resource for issues and emergencies that arise in call centers and data centers
- Implement and maintain assigned monitoring responsibilities for infrastructure to provide relevant statistics to management on performance/utilization of production environment
- Ensure production 24/7/365 availability
- Participate and manage to expectations for disaster recovery planning, including failover systems, backup and recovery procedures, and high-availability configurations
- Design, implementation, and administration of:
- Windows and Linux (RedHat) servers
- Azure (PaaS, SaaS)
- Collaboration tools
- Custom relationship management tools
- VoIP solutions, on-premise or cloud based
- IIS and Apache web servers
- This position has a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule in addition to normal working hours
- This position occasionally has late night and weekend maintenance and upgrade work schedules
WHO YOU ARE:
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Administrator / engineer with 5+ years of experience in the IT field
- Human and team player who excels at customer service
- Someone experience with web hosting technologies and troubleshooting such as understanding of DNS, HTTP
- Experienced with Windows OS administration
- Fellow techie who’s been in a call center environment and preferably troubleshot phone system management
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Possess strong organizational and analytical skills
- Top notch communicator, through conversation and all things typed
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of designers, engineers and business associates who care most about getting things done
- A robust compensation and benefits package, including flexPTO!
Be who you are… It's better that way! Hayneedle embraces and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!