Senior Front End Software Engineer - Checkout Team
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Technology
- Team Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1924195
What you'll do at
What You Will Be Working On
The Checkout team at Walmart Labs is dedicated to the mission of helping millions of customers every day in buying the products they need with a delightful, friction-free experience. All customers that purchase a product on Walmart.com or a Walmart mobile app use our code – which processes tens of billions of dollars of revenue every year. We help the user navigate a maze of personalized delivery options and payment methods to buy the things they need to live their lives.
Checkout is the heart of ecommerce, and Walmart is the second-largest ecommerce company in the country. You will with product managers and engineers to design feature-based solutions and implement them in an agile fashion. Are you ready to impact millions of lives with your code? Come join us in Hoboken!
What You Will Do
- Learn the checkout and payments domain, in one of the most sophisticated and complex online retail businesses on the internet.
- Use your knowledge of React to craft delightful UX in a large-scale web application
- Leverage your knowledge of React to learn React Native in a large-scale, cross-platform, mobile application
- Take responsibility for your features from solution through deployment, knowing that millions will use them immediately
- Contribute ideas to help the immediate team, and the larger organization, work better and smarter
What You Will Have
- A deep understanding of the React / Redux / NodeJS ecosystem
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience working with a team, including giving and receiving code reviews
- A passion for creating great UX
- Experience in other areas of software development
- Experience implementing analytics, experimentation, authentication in web or mobile
- Experience in ecommerce, payments, or related business domains
- A passion for keeping up with the constantly changing world of front-end development
About Walmart Labs
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That’s what we do at Walmart Labs. We’re a team of 5,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and our enterprise operates.