Senior Human Resources Manager
- Location SPARKS, NV
- Department Talent
- Team Talent
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1913189
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliantly.
About Jet’s Internal Engine:
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job:
We are looking for a smart, fun and strategic Senior HR Manager to lead the fulfillment center in Sparks, NV. You’ll be the strategic Senior HR Manager to the FC Operations and will be challenged to build a team of HR business partners who push boundaries, break from tradition and recommend bold, never-thought-of-before ways to solve the toughest business problems. A big part of your day-to-day will involve coaching and consulting managers on how to build an unparalleled culture and truly bring our core values of Trust, Transparency, and Fairness to life. You’ll also get creative in the areas of labor and employee relations, organizational design, talent development, workforce planning, succession planning, rewards, training, leadership development, and performance management. At Jet, we’re going light on policies and heavy on leadership. If you have a strong foundation in HR leadership but are ready to break from tradition, please apply.
- Act as an internal consultant with Business Leaders to establish and execute talent practices that drive the best people decisions to support the growth of the business.
- Lead (hire, coach, train, develop, and mentor) a team of strategic hourly and salaried HR team.
- Drive consistency and clarity across the business in the way talent and performance is assessed and value created from these processes.
- Analyze data related to talent practices to monitor the progress and effectiveness of talent practices.
- Provide HR guidance and support to the office across a breadth of areas including talent management, employee development, performance management, change management, and employee relations.
- Assess the HR implications of business initiatives and provide advice to the management team accordingly; similarly, understand business strategies and HR implications.
- Manage the successful and consistent implementation of HR initiatives.
- Facilitate talent reviews and succession planning discussions and work with the business to ensure plans are actively put into practice
- Develop and implement people solutions to make teams more effective
- Work with leaders to create positive, safe and productive work environments
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Judgment: Make Informed Judgments - Uses relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to measure, monitor, and improve performance. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems and identify and implement applicable solutions. Integrates knowledge and expertise in making fact-based recommendations and decisions.
- Execution and Results: Ensure Execution and Achieve Results - Conveys a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities and achieve goals. Pursues the achievement and alignment of measurable and meaningful goals. Leverages resources and talent to achieve business goals. Ensures others are held accountable for achieving expected results. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure the accomplishment of results. Monitors the progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change, or results are not met.
- Planning and Improvement: Ensure Planning and Improvement - Sets clear expectations, performance measures, and goals, and helps others do the same. Plans for and ensures others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to accomplish business initiatives. Identifies and plans for improvement in performance using key business metrics.
Influence and Communicate: Build and Influence Team - Develops and communicates logical, convincing reasons, including lessons learned, to build support for one's viewpoints and actions. Involves others in decisions and plans that affect them, when appropriate. Recognizes and rewards team accomplishments, celebrating team and organizational success. Ensures business priorities, change initiatives, and organizational information are communicated in clear and compelling ways. Promotes the exchange of diverse experiences and ideas within own organization.
- Ethics and Compliance: Ensure Ethics and Compliance - Actively communicates, trains, and guides associates on compliance with policies and procedures. Maintains an environment that promotes and reinforces the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Anticipates potential issues and acts to enhance compliance.
- Talent: Manage and Leverage Talent - Develops talent plans for own organization targeted at increasing effectiveness, building diversity, and enhancing bench strength. Manages roles, assignments, and developmental opportunities to maximize organizational performance. Ensures people's processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) lead to effective associate performance and desired results throughout own organization. Monitors associate performance and provides constructive feedback that is specific, honest, accurate, and timely. Provides learning opportunities, guidance, and support in the development of associates.
- Build Relationships: Network Internally and Externally - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Promotes a team-based work environment that respects, embraces, and values diversity in others.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive Human Resource Generalist experience with both hourly and salaried workforces.
- Experience in a supervisory role focused on Employee Relations, Performance Management, Talent Assessment, Promotions, Development and Career Planning, Leadership Coaching/Consulting, Succession Planning and Project Management.
- Experienced building / leading a team of HR professionals.
- Demonstrated experience and success in helping business partners align human resources planning and business strategy.
- Comfortable delivering feedback and coaching up, down and to the side.
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Passion for Employee Relations and People Development.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Able to navigate through ambiguity; flexible and adaptable to change.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations or any related discipline required. Master’s Degree preferred.