- Location PEDRICKTOWN, NJ
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team General Fulfillment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1912026
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Internship
Supply Chain Undergraduate Management Interns play a unique role in driving the future of supply chain. The 10-12 week project within the SCM team focuses on analytics, optimization and process improvement in the Walmart.com supply chain to meet customer service and inventory goals. Our Interns have made a huge impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of our team. Example projects they worked on included:
- Providing end-to-end cost optimization analysis
- Assortment channel strategies
- Out of Stock and Extra Inventory Analysis
- Automating supply chain processes around Vendor On-Time Fulfillment, Holiday planning, Import inbounding and more
Your internship experience goes far beyond your assignment! Every day, you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of professional development offerings ranging from brand knowledge to agile training. Through the intern executive speaker series, tech talks and work-team activities you will be able to gain greater knowledge on the company and the industry. Finally and most importantly, being an intern at Walmart eCommerce is fun! Whether you are playing a pickup basketball game, hanging out at company happy hours, or taking an intern-only catamaran cruise, there is always something going on. With New York City and San Francisco as your playground, the opportunities both inside and outside of work are endless. Join us!
*Specific projects will be communicated when you start the internship.
We are looking for passionate, driven interns to join our best-in-class supply chain team and build the future of the supply chain. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for tenaciously solving complex problems through data.
- Must be one year prior to graduating undergrad school
- Strong GPA and a commitment to academics
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel modeling
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
- A self-starter with a “can-do” attitude who can take ownership of projects and drive them to completion with minimal direction