Seller Services Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Partner Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1906446
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Job
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is looking for a Data Analyst to lead the implementation of complex, cross-functional, and highly visible seller services.
You will work closely with the Marketplace team to identify business opportunities through data modeling to increase the effectiveness of seller services team. You will also develop analytics internally and externally to help programs realize short term and long term goals and objectives . You will also identify areas of growth for sellers and work with them to help them maximize their sales potential. You will apply a problem solving approach, will be agile and able to apply the right frameworks and business analysis to each phase of the program life cycle.
This data scientist will be skilled at engaging and communicating across multiple domains, as well as engaging at a detailed level across product management and engineering, and finance.
- Able to extract data from sources across different work streams/platforms (for e.g., dotcom, stores etc.) and synthesize into dashboards or insightful information
- Strong attention to detail and tolerance for ambiguity while developing models for analysis.
- Partner with stakeholders from various internal groups to understand process and data elements.
- Multi-tasking ability to handle requests to support multiple pilots and pivot quickly based on resource ask and business need.
- Consults with business stakeholders regarding data insights and recommendations
- Drives analytics insights across the division
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads medium- to large-sized analytics projects
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Business or related field
- Must be self-driven and passionate about retail and must be customer centric.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- 3-4 years’ experience in business analytics and data science
- Proficient with SQL (experience in Teradata and Hive utilities preferred)
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools required
- Hands on experience with BI tools; Tableau /R shiny/Looker
- Ability to explain/present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of statistical tools.