Advanced Analytics Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Partner Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1906446
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Job
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is looking for a Data Analyst to lead the implementation of complex, cross-functional, and highly visible seller services.
You will work closely with the Marketplace team to identify business opportunities through data modeling to increase the effectiveness of seller services team. You will also develop analytics internally and externally to help programs realize short term and long term goals and objectives . You will also identify areas of growth for sellers and work with them to help them maximize their sales potential. You will apply a problem solving approach, will be agile and able to apply the right frameworks and business analysis to each phase of the program life cycle.
Advanced Analytics Manager
- Provide complex business intelligence analytical and reporting support for market place and seller services teams.
- Work for the marketplace team to identify business opportunities through data modeling to increase the effectiveness of seller services team.
- Partner with retail analytics team to strategically identify areas of growth for sellers and work with them to help maximize market place sales potential.
- Utilize skills in SQL - which is a Structured Query Language, to extract data from large data-sets and conduct analysis to provide strategic data-based insights
- Build and implement complex analytics models using R - which is a programming language for statistical computing and graphics.
- Utilize knowledge of analytical models such as regression, decision trees, time-series modelling, artificial & deep neural networks etc. to develop insights that support the business.
- Build end-to-end Machine Learning model with processes including and not limited to variable selection, hyper-parameter tuning and accuracy enhancement, utilizing programming skills in SQL and R or Python
- Create syndicated data reports that can be utilized on an ongoing basis to analyze and improve category business.
- Build and automate dashboards and reports by utilizing tools such as Tableau, Looker and R shiny - which are business intelligence software and big data analytics platforms.
- Partner with the larger data science and core analytics teams to develop analytical solutions to improve internal workflows and tooling.
- Regularly analyze and monitor key metrics and identify reasons behind these changes
- Effectively communicate these insights to different audiences and work with business team to identify levers to move these metrics.
- Conduct in depth research and provide quantitative analysis to evaluate new projects and business opportunities by defining metrics and framework.
- Conduct written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Business or related field
- Must be self-driven and passionate about retail and must be customer centric.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- 3-4 years’ experience in business analytics and data science
- Proficient with SQL (experience in Teradata and Hive utilities preferred)
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools required
- Hands on experience with BI tools; Tableau /R shiny/Looker
- Ability to explain/present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of statistical tools.