Staff Software Engineer - Payments Team
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Technology
- Team Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1902490
What you'll do at
What you will do:
- Help invent the next generation of ecommerce; integrated experiences that leverage the store, and the web to sell any consumer product, to anyone, anywhere in the world.
- Help develop payment products for the next generation of challenges, including very high capacity, guaranteed availability, and mass market usability without compromising the quality.
- Participate in Design and Creation of the next-generation Global Payments Service, providing holistic global support not just for credit cards but dozens of other payment methods: gift cards, checks, electronic funds transfer, COD, offline bank transfer, bill-me-later, subscription billing, mobile payments, etc.
- Hands on development on building n-tier applications using RESTful Services, Java/J2EE, Oracle and related technologies.
- Participate in managing code & configurations for multiple environments, release management process, creating and maintaining environment configuration and controls, code integrity and work closely with @platform team
- Analyzing business requirements, story-boards and similar artifacts of the scrum process, work in an agile development environment with a quick turnaround time and iterative builds.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Ensures inclusion of business vision and industry trends to enable results that drive business
- Problem solving and troubleshooting design and development issues and provide appropriate solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the junior engineers
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
What you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 10 years’ experience building scalable ecommerce applications
- 5 or more years of experience programming in Java/J2EE, REST Services, and related technologies.
- Handson Experience with Hibernate, Spring, CXF.
- Handson experience with RDBMS (Oracle), PL/SQL.
- Experience configuring & deploying applications on J2EE application server (Apache Tomcat, TomEE).
- Expertise in SaaS application development.
- Experience with UNIX shell and scripting.
- Experience with online credit card and/or other online payment methods.
- Experience with CQRS and Event streaming architectures is a plus.
- Experience with cryptography/ key management.
- Experience in building/implementing high performance & a scalable system.
- Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code.
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.