Site Merchandising Specialist, Home (Optimization Lead)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1899622
What you'll do at
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to help millions of people create living spaces that they love? The Home Group at Walmart eCommerce (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle) is building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to help you find and buy things you love for your home. As a Site Merchandising Specialist 3, Taxonomy & Optimization - Home, you are responsible for creating a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising strategies and execution. You will be directly responsible for optimizing the site experience for taxonomy, product listing (shelf) and search for a mid to large-sized category. Creativity and agility will play an important role as you identify opportunities with partners and work towards planning and executing improvements to the building blocks of the entire site! If you see creativity in organization and strongly believe that the details matter, this role is for you!
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Site Merchandising and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans to improve customer experience and conversion
- Develops plans for future site improvements driven by a passion for organization and process as well as the main goal of delighting our customers with a well-organized, easy to navigate experience.
- Monitor and review the competitive landscape, leveraging insights to drive business improvements.
- Collaborates with category management & SEO team as a strategic partner to identify any gaps or needs with site taxonomy.
- Expert at understanding how the back-end works with building out taxonomy, attribution, optimizing for SEO and building a customer-centric experience.
- Manages small to large-sized Site Operations projects.
- Manages site taxonomy build & product listing (shelf) rules at the category level, ultimately being the expert in helping to execute the Category Manager’s strategy properly through Site Merchandising best practices; providing insight to the team based off of real world data, tests and competitor actions.
- Ensure SEO value is maximized by using best practices and proper implementation of clear-text, alt-text, SEO copy blocks, canonical URLs and re-directs.
- Build site navigation within specific product categories; to increase findability and improve customer experience while shopping the site.
- Review site map and remove duplicate site experiences.
- Tests and evaluate the effectiveness of merchandising strategies; refines as part of continuous improvement process.
- Encourages an environment of operational excellence and flawless execution to achieve a best in class site experience.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in consumer-focused e-commerce environment
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Assertive, adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Keen attention to detail
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Prior Site Merchandising experience
- SEO experience
- Ability to “be the customer” in order to improve site experiences
- Technical background with a strong merchandising element