Full Stack Software Engineer
- Location NEW YORK, NY
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1899028
What you'll do at
Bonobos is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer who is excited to work on a cross functional team to help build experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
Bonobos is (proudly) the first born-on-the-Internet men's apparel company in the US and we're (humbly) seeking to reinvent the traditional eCommerce experience. In addition to our website, we pioneered the eCommerce showroom model with the launch of our first Guideshop location in 2011, and have since expanded to 50+ locations across the country (and growing). Our customers are fanatical about our high quality clothes and our world-class customer service, and we’re positioned to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop.
We get to the best technical solutions by discussing complex questions as a team. We don’t hesitate to change our approach when we hear a better idea. We code review all our changes, pair program when needed and have automated testing that runs with every change. We deploy to production several times a day.
What you’ll do...
- Work on a cross-functional team of other engineers (frontend, backend, iOS, and full stack), a Product Manager and a Designer
- Work on our production application – a Rails and Postgres app running on Heroku with React/Redux on the frontend
- Ship new experiences to our customers via A/B tests
- Deploy to code to production multiple times a day
- Help us figure out engineering solutions that give 80% of the benefit with 20% of the work
- Write automated functional and unit tests
- Have at least 2+ years of full stack experience (outside of the classroom)
- Have seen what works well and what doesn’t work well in frontend codebases
- Like being part of a small team composed of UX designers, product managers, frontend/backend/iOS/full stack engineers
- Are excited to learn from those around you and be mentored
- Are a collaborative & close-knit team: our team is NYC-based and in the office because as great as technology is, there are few substitutes for in-person collaboration
- Take pride in our work and shares responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs
- Can offer you top of the line equipment: your choice of hardware, standing desks, two 27" monitors, and more
- Offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, random acts of team-wide fun including bar nights, book club and "Camp Bonobos"
- Value honesty, transparency and respect
- Are excited to hear from you