Senior Product Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team Retail Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1891942
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
Senior Product Manager
Product Managers at Walmart US Ecommerce are responsible for the product roadmap and drive the architecture, tooling and processes for the next great e-commerce platform by combining their business acumen, technical expertise and product vision. The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about developing tools and processes that impact 1000s of daily users and are comfortable communicating across business and engineering teams.
As a Senior Product Manager you are responsible for managing, building and designing category and inventory forecast tools and processes. The Open-To-Buy tool and process will be the primary charge for this position, taking current tooling to the next evolution. Influence here is great as this position works across a large Retail organization, including Merchandise Operations, Category Teams, Planning, Finance, Supply Chain and Marketing. There are multiple tool dependencies and this person will collaborate and influence the product vision of other Forecasting tools within the company.
How You Will Know It’s Right
- If you want to shape the future of e-commerce by working with one of the richest data sets in the world
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you have deep customer empathy, and champion the needs of customers and stakeholders throughout the development process.
- If you drive enjoy driving feature definition, planning and development efforts across technical teams with clarity and conviction.
- If you are intellectually curious, technically savvy, and maintain a sense of humor and humility.
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies around where the only constant is change…
- Self-starter with problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to executives, interfacing daily with internal customers.
- Proven track record of delivering top notch products and/or process that meet customers’ needs and delight users.
- Minimum of 8 years of full-time work experience in a highly analytical capacity
- Minimum of 6 years doing advanced quantitative analysis based on large amounts of data
- Minimum of 6 years of SQL, Tableau (or similar BI tools) and Excel
- 5+ years of product management experience or relevant Finance/Retail Management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, are preferred)
- Operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Champions company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Graduate Degree (MBA Preferred)
- Previous Anaplan experience (Master Planner, Architect)
- Understanding of statistical analysis; experience with packages, such as R, Python, SAS etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- eCommerce or Merchandising experience
About the Retail Core Engine
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product owner within the Retail Core Engine you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers at the world’s largest retailer. You’ll be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to deliver through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmart’s US E-Commerce Retail Business you’ll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance.
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmart’s US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com and more).
- A diverse set of leaders who represent the best and brightest in omni-channel commerce.
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business… partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience.
- The ability to influence the direction of one of the world’s largest companies. The only constraint is your vision and passion to execute.