Product Designer - Walmart InHome Delivery
- Location BROOKLYN, NY
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1891902
What you'll do at
Walmart InHome delivers fresh groceries from your local store directly to your kitchen or garage fridge. Rolling out to over 1 million customers in Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Vero Beach this Fall.
We are a scrappy and entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology to deliver fresh grocery from your local Walmart store directly into your fridge.
What We’re Looking For
Walmart InHome is looking for an entrepreneurial, hard-working Product Designer to join our team of designers, engineers, and business operations people to bring a new, one-of-kind service to market and help it grow. We’re looking for a great design storyteller who is passionate about the details and always strives for simplicity to delight our customers.
Day-to-day you'll report directly to and work closely with the Head of Design to bring a product from concept to launch. Interweaving hardware, software, and physical product you'll use storytelling, color, typography, and composition to bring cohesion and simplicity to complex, disparate parts. The end goal: to make our customers' lives easier.
What You'll Do
- Design across multiple media and materials, including Digital Product, UX/UI, Graphic Design, Presentation Design, Physical Product & Prototyping, Industrial Design, and Packaging & Print Design.
- Help communicate complicated new paradigms in the Smart Home and eCommerce space.
- Dive deeply into problems to lead end-to-end design projects.
- Assist and work collaboratively across the Design Team on UI/UX projects.
- Work closely with the Engineering and Operations team to understand project scope, objectives, and constraints.
- Develop digital and physical brand touchpoints that delight customers.
- Elevate Walmart’s brand with refined and thoughtful design.
- 3+ years of experience, with a degree Graphic Design or similar
- Deeply proficient in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and other creative tools
- Experience working with Figma or other collaboration and prototyping tools a plus
- Illustration, Packaging, and/or Motion Graphics skills a plus
- Passionate about emerging technology
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong sense of ownership; you’re able to work independently with an unselfish attitude
- Creatively resourceful; you get things done efficiently
- Comfortable with creative exploration and willing to experiment
- Desire to work in a nimble start-up environment
- Passion for simplicity and elegant design
- Keen and exceptional visual eye
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Access to large scale Epson Inkjet printers, 3D printers, laser cutters, CNC machines
- A large, open workspace in NYC’s Greenpoint neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit and snacks