Account Manager, SMB, Walmart Media Group (Pipeline)
- Location SAN MATEO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1888128
What you'll do at
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Walmart US eCommerce that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Walmart US eCommerce.
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About Walmart Media Group
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking experienced sales professionals to help build and sell Walmart Media Group’s advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven and brand building solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
The SMB team is a scaled sales team that services more than 1,000 medium-to large-sized advertisers and agencies globally. Account & Partner Managers build relationships and consult with their clients on optimal solution implementation – through service, education, and support. Ideal candidates will have the ability to drive marketing strategy coupled with a willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute the tactics. Success in this position requires exceptional consultative sales, coaching, and client service skills; a willingness to experiment; the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment; and a passion for helping others achieve results.
About the Job
As an Account Manager on the SMB team, you will report to the SMB Team Lead and use your 3+ years of experience selling digital performance advertising solutions to Walmart’s small and medium businesses. Ideally, you will have a passion for growing revenue and helping clients succeed; have experience in creating and delivering excellent sales operations; have experience in representing an organization both internally and externally. Success in this position requires you to have a passion for leadership, strong analytical skills, a focus on client service, the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment and a passion for helping others achieve results.
- Relationships: Develop strong supplier relationships and manage the day-to-day needs of SMB accounts
- Service: Help build WMG’s SMB service practice through professionalism, establishing process, creating real customer value, and driving revenue for the team
- Volume: Ability to manage a high volume of small and medium sized business accounts
- Always-On: Help implement a strategy for always-on revenue so that the SMB team begins the perpetual revenue stream of the organization
- Prospect: Prospect and penetrate organizations to drive alignment and influence executive and day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan
- Pipeline: Accurately and effectively help manage sales pipeline in order to prioritize business opportunities and resources
- Familiarity with analytics, advertising data/tech, and DMP technologies, paired with strong analytical and quantitative skills, problem-solving
- Resourceful in maneuvering through a large company while working in a nimble and fast paced environment – ability to adapt and thrive in any business situation
- 3-4 years of strategic partnership, customer success or account management experience in media or advertising
- 3-4 years of digital media or advertising experience, preferably from an agency or within a sales organization
- 5 years of strategic partnership, customer success or account management experience in media or advertising
- 5 years of digital media or advertising experience, preferably from an agency or within a sales organization
- 2 years in the digital ecosystems of search, PMP, programmatic, or platform space