Agency Development Lead, Walmart Media Group
- Location CHICAGO, IL
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1878423
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced Agency Development Lead to help build and sell Walmart Media Group’s advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven and brand building solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
As the Agency Development at WMG, you will play a key role working with one of our key holding companies. You’ll help develop strategic relationships, from the global holding company-level to individual agencies of all types (creative, media, search, shopper, measurement), to ensure that we deliver optimal value to agencies. You will be accountable for driving revenue growth and relationships with key agency partners via strategic alliances, education, client partnering and ideation directly with the Agencies.
This position requires extensive knowledge of the changing agency & media landscape, the drive to develop industry-transforming strategies and the ability to build relationships with senior agency management. The ideal candidate has media agency planning experience, a deep knowledge of measurement & analytics used to evaluate performance, and a proven ability to influence multiple levels of an organization.
- Build and elevate relationships at the highest levels within the assigned agencies, C-Suite, Senior Agency Influencers to continuously uncover strategic opportunities to drive WMG revenue on a global, regional, and local level
- Serve as internal voice of the agency customer to help shape product and marketing roadmaps
- Agency account management including, but not limited to: maintaining contact lists, establishing meeting cadence with (internal and external) key stakeholders, seeking out new relationships/contacts, developing quarterly business reviews, organizing and coordinating agency education initiatives (cross discipline agency days and/or training sessions), fulfilling ad hoc agency request and breaking down obstacles
- Partner with Global Accounts and SMB sales teams to contribute to and uncover category and client-level opportunities globally and regionally at both the Agency and Brand level
- Collaborate with Global Accounts, SMB team, and appropriate cross functional partners to ensure coordinated approach to agency teams, with the goal of driving demand and maximizing revenue growth
- Collaborate with a number of internal specialists (i.e. data, platform, measurement, media, analytics) as needed to meet Strategic Plan requirements and to continuously identify relevant opportunities for your agencies
- Keep abreast of WMG’s capabilities and product offerings via distance learning and on-site training
- Strong Internal communication (written and verbal), ensuring Sales, Sales/Revenue Operations, and other department leaders are well informed
- Be a trusted thought leader to both external stakeholders and investment teams throughout the country by leading consistent agency education initiatives and events
- Oversee an ‘in-service-to’ model with Global Sales, and partner closely with Global Sales leaders to align on strategy and initiative implementation for our largest agency partners.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the industry; act as an ambassador and spokesperson for WMG in the agency community.
- Develop network of strong relationships with key search and media industry influencers, customers and partners.
- Develop and conduct educational bootcamp-style training to inform about best practices for using WMG
- Work with agencies to up-level their creative thinking and structure programs that deliver positive business impact for their clients
- Discover, catalog and 'case' great WMG case studies and evidence that will help shape the agency, brand and media world's understanding of how brands can partner with Walmart Media Group
- BA/BS degree preferred: Masters degree or equivalent experience a plus
- 7-10 years marketing experience in an agency or media sales function with a focus on ecommerce, retail, search, closed-loop measurement, data specialty
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about a particular industry and/or product set
- Strong client-facing skills
- Comfortable with presenting to clients and agencies—in both small or large groups
- Familiarity with agency holding companies and strong relationships across the agency landscape
- Ability to partner within cross-functional teams
- Ability to consult and bring ideas to the table
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to build internal networks to accomplish goals through collaboration with resources across teams
- A self-starter who takes initiative and is action oriented
- Can balance the need for quick turnaround with longer-term strategic efforts Is flexible and can deal effectively with changes in priorities or ambiguity Is driven and solution-oriented and can overcome obstacles to drive projects through completion
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
- Strong PowerPoint and Keynote skills
- Alignment to Walmart’s vision and core values
- Customer-obsessed, Curious, Collaborative, Consultative, Courageous and Competitive
- Interested in understanding a business’s finances
- Authentic and passionate
- Respectful, Inclusive, Honest, Transparent
- Positive and solutions-oriented
- Sense of humor