Sales Coordinator, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN MATEO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1878398
What you'll do at
About the Job
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced Sales Coordinator to help build and sell Walmart Media Group’s advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven and brand building solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
Walmart Media Group is looking for an energetic, bright, and motivated individual with a history of high performance to support the VP of Sales and Media Partnerships. As the Sales Coordinator, you will provide executive support to the VP of Sales and Media Partnerships by assisting with event planning, assisting with sales meeting preparation, and other assigned tasks as they arise. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is able to keep to the rhythm of the team while exercising good judgment and significant initiative.
This role requires attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple critical requests across global teams. The Sales Coordinator will act as a seamless extension of the leader supported and will work closely with other Executive Assistants throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, experienced planner with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility and composure.
The individual in this role must understand business priorities, demonstrate the ability to proactively anticipate needs and drive improvements to build capacity for the leadership team. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside of the company is critical. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the whole picture. The ideal candidate must be able to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside the group.
Duties include scheduling meetings and meeting coordination, calendar management, travel itineraries, expense reporting, as well as assistance with special projects as required. This role also supports our Global Sales team with client-facing tasks including sending arrival and departure instructions to guests, data entry into Salesforce, etc.
Areas Of Responsibility
- Management of complex calendar and scheduling to support teams in multiple locations
- Manage domestic and international travel
- Manage expense report coordination and submission
- Customer Service:
- Provides excellent customer service to clients and internal teams.
- Maintains a professional appearance and cordial attitude to clients and colleagues at all times.
- Learn and contextualize business priorities and act accordingly, using best judgement as to which meetings and interviews need to be prioritized, which meetings cannot be moved, etc. always approaching scheduling conflicts with a can-do approach
- Extensive communications, both written and verbal with other departments, divisions and vendors; including but not limited to providing/receiving of information and compiling/coordinating responses from Executive department staff
- Office Management:
- Management of team space, including moves and reconfigurations
- Sales Department PTO Calendar and ensures proper coverage.
- Sales Activities/Training:
- Organize, execute and assist with team activities (staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings)
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Act as a liaison for direct reports
- Assists in the preparation of new hires training schedules, and materials
- Sets up and attends all Sales Meetings, takes meeting minutes, and sends minutes to attendees and coordinates follow-up on action items.
- Sales Events:
- Helps to organize off-sites, and team social events
- Help to organize conferences, attendees, sales events
- Researches new industry events and trade shows, generates/updates trade show calendar details and budgets.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of prior administrative experience supporting c-level executives
- 4+ years of experience coordinating travel logistics on behalf of 1 or more executives
- 4+ years of calendar management and expense report management experience for 1 or more executives
- Relevant work experience in a startup, ecommerce and/or technology-based company preferred, or company with similar pace and structure
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate ability to juggle multiple competing tasks, deadlines, personalities, long and short-term projects, etc.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization including senior executives, board members, etc.
- Extreme attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Resilience, tenacity, high energy. Able to rapidly bounce back from adversity.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Independent, resourceful, self-disciplined and able to take initiative - demonstrates maturity and sound judgment