Category Specialist Lead, Women's Activewear
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1876260
What you'll do at
About Walmart eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
The Category Specialist Lead, Women's Activewear, is responsible for ensuring a portion of the Women's Activewear category has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance and a great shopper experience across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands – Walmart.com and Jet.com (and whatever other brands join our family). Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to Walmart.com and Jet.com first when they are shopping for Women's Activewear.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
Inspire entry category specialists: You will begin to be a part of inspiring and training our category experts fresh out of college.
- Own your portion of the Women's Activewear category – end to end – You will be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
- Be an expert in all systems and processes required to manage your category.
- Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV, margin, and AUR), and identify levers to achieve those targets.
- Continually evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and manage any assortment gaps.
- Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers.
- Begin to own vendor relationships autonomously.
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence.
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes.
- Collaborate with marketing teams around editorial, affiliates, emails and on-site category promotions.
- Depending on the category and your readiness, you may begin to manage a smaller team of category specialists and experts.
Merchandising Team Department Summary
No two days are the same for the Walmart.com Merchandising team. It’s exciting and things change rapidly, except one component: we’re always 100% customer-centric! With instant access to products, services and information online, customers expect choice, ease, and personalization. Innovation and leading edge technology enables our team to analyze deep customer insights and market data at scale. Our team of strategists, site merchants, buyers, creative types, UI designers (and more) collaborate together, utilizing big data innovations and analytics to enhance Omni channel experiences for our customers.
How you’ll know it’s right
- If you have a passion for retail fashion…
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes...
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- If you want to run your own company one day…
• BA/BS degree, with 3-5 years of relevant professional experience within, but not limited to, an e-commerce or retail merchandising, category management, and/or business development
Manager's Preferred Qualifications ("nice to haves")
- Ecommerce experience
- Previous experience owing a product category
- Relevant site merchandising experience
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to form effective supplier relationships
- Demonstrates leadership and collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Exhibits flexibility during ambiguity