Sr. User Experience Researcher
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1875407
What you'll do at
Walmart eCommerce is looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to work as part of our Partner Experience team located in Sunnyvale, California. In this position, you will work directly embedded within a team of designers, project managers, and engineers to design and maintain Walmart’s eCommerce platform, establishing best practices for
usability from the ground up and working tirelessly to create great user experiences.
You will be responsible for planning and conducting UX researcher such as usability studies, workshops and surveys. You must be able to put the voice of the user into business conversations, understand user needs, plan studies, analyze data, and translate findings into meaningful, actionable insights for the team.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will also contribute to the strategic, long term research vision for Walmart eCommerce. Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask in this fast-paced environment is a must.
Strong candidates will be comfortable navigating some unknowns and able to adapt to various environments and meet rigorous deadlines. The capacity to work quickly and deliver high-quality results is a tremendous plus. The ideal candidate has a good portfolio of work across websites, mobile applications, or eCommerce experience. This is a hybrid role where you will work as both an individual contributor and as a mentor for other members of the team who are conducting ad-hoc user research.
- Plan and conduct user research across various products and teams including recruiting and scheduling user
- Help define success metrics and benchmarking for various projects (as measured by KPIs)
- Effectively collaborate with c-level executives, stakeholders, product managers and designers to identify research opportunities on user-facing products
- Clearly communicate research needs and findings
- Ensure user needs are being met by serving as the research advocate in the team
- Establish research rigor and define best practices for the team
- Perform independent, impactful research that translates into actionable insights
- Proactively find ways to improve overall research best practices, facilities, methods, recruiting, tools, and other research-adjacent areas
- Identify appropriate research methods based on time/budget and resourcing constraints
- 3+ years of proven success leading User Research projects with quantifiable impact
- 3+ years hands-on experience with end-to-end research processes (designing studies, creating tests, recruiting,
moderating and reporting)
- 3+ years behavioral research and analysis skills (designing and conducting tests and analyzing data)
- Online portfolio of case studies demonstrating past work and experience
- BS, MS or PhD in HCI, Human Factors, Psychology, HCDE, Cognitive Psychology or other related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 5-8 years conducting human-centered research
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile tech environment
- Experience working with a variety of UX Research methodologies and deliverables
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical ability. Effective at turning complex findings into summaries that are actionable by business teams
- Ability to work autonomously and both independently as well as in a cross-functional team
- Basic design and prototyping skills are plus