Manager of Omni-Advertising, Systems - Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN MATEO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1873379
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
Want to change the face of digital advertising? Want to re-imagine how the world's largest omni-channel consumer database can be used to power targeted campaigns for the largest brands in the world? We are rethinking digital advertising here at Walmart, and are looking for some great people to help make this happen.
At Walmart, we enable the connection between brands and shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. Did you know that 8 out of 10 people shop at Walmart every year? This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team that's poised to have big impact. Anchored by the world's largest retail audience database, we help brands perfect point-of-purchase advertising, delivering media performance coupled with best-in-class targeting and reporting. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable and we have Walmart's sales data to prove it.
About the Job
Walmart Media Group is looking for a product and systems manager to do enable things with supplier marketing across all omni-channel touchpoints: in-store, OGP, OGD, and online. Today, Walmart operates multiple advertising, media and marketing teams selling solutions to our suppliers. We are evolving towards a single, omni-channel engagement with major consumer brands to help them connect with Walmart shoppers across our ecosystem. This new Omni-Advertising team’s goal is maximizing supplier investments in marketing and advertising, while clearly separating these from merchandising/purchasing decisions. Online Grocery Pickup (OGP) and Delivery (OGD) are key growth areas for the company, and they are at the center of our new, integrated approach to omni-channel supplier marketing.
This is a new role to tackle the systems side of new advertising activities – from financial-reporting dashboards to ad-delivery systems on gas pumps -- and the candidate will focus on:
- Systems & Tools: Connect the “dots” of current systems and data across the enterprise to a new purpose: tracking and understanding Omni-Advertising. Drive data alignment across Walmart for advertising to provide a unified view of supplier investments. Working with our Product and Engineering teams, build tools as-needed, both supplier-facing and internal, to unify and scale advertising.
- Hack the Real World: In-store advertising includes many customer touchpoints, such as Walmart radio, TVs in the Electronics section, blood-pressure kiosks, screens in our Automotive Centers, and even gas pumps. These disparate systems need to be connected so that advertising can be delivered in a coordinated fashion.
- Collaborate: Omni-Advertising is a new initiative touching many existing parts of the business – the Systems leaders will work with teams across the company to stand up capabilities quickly and refine to perfection over time. This roles requires a leader who can understand legacy systems as-is and stitch them together.
- 5 years of product management or systems integration experience
- 5 years of experience in digital advertising or marketing
- Engineering degree or equivalent