Director of Omni-Advertising, Operations & Change Management
- Location SAN MATEO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1873369
What you'll do at
About the Job
Walmart Media Group is looking for a driven, analytical, curious, commercial, and strategic thinker to do big things with supplier marketing across all omni-channel touchpoints: in-store, OGP, OGD, and online. Today, Walmart operates multiple advertising, media and marketing teams selling solutions to our suppliers. We are evolving towards a single, omni-channel engagement with major consumer brands to help them connect with Walmart shoppers across our ecosystem. This new Omni-Advertising team’s goal is maximizing supplier investments in marketing and advertising, while clearly separating these from merchandising/purchasing decisions. Online Grocery Pickup (OGP) and Delivery (OGD) are key growth areas for the company, and they are at the center of our new, integrated approach to omni-channel supplier marketing.
This is a complex transformation across many current ways of working – success will require defining the cross-enterprise engagement model of Omni-Advertising and then executing change management across an organization of thousands of people. The right leader will focus on a few core tasks:
- Define & Lead: Lead Omni-Advertising operations. Define the structure, operational cadence and financial structure that will align the advertising, merchandizing and supplier marketing teams.
- Collaborate: Collaborate with stakeholders to develop the right operating frameworks, drive alignment and scale adoption of playbooks across all stakeholders.
- Training & Change: Provide on-going training & communications to Walmart Stores and e-Commerce stakeholders. Learn and adopt best practices over time to enable Omni-Advertising.
- P&L alignment:Own & drive financial alignment for Omni-Advertising across the Walmart enterprise. Enable P&L reporting for all omni-advertising partnerships. Be alert to how financial reporting drives incentives and work to defend EDLP.
- Operationalize:Operationalize enterprise advertising reporting of progress, roadblocks, driver KPIs and outcome KPIs. Support business with financial reporting, analysis and thought leadership.
- 7-10 years of large-scale retail experience, in-store merchandising/buying or e-commerce
- 5 years of management experience working with multiple business functions
- 5 years of experience in with digital channels for commerce, advertising or marketing
- Experience in the following areas would be positively viewed: Corporate Strategy, Business Operations, Packaged Goods, Large multi-national corporations and/or International
- Qualified candidates will have experience leading large, cross-functional efforts with high impact