- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Technology
- Team Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1869500
What you'll do at
The Retail Core Technology organization is focused on building truly global experiences and infrastructural capabilities that enable unprecedented assortment growth and awesome end-to-end Shopping customer experiences from finding the product all the way to delivering it to the customer. The next generation solution encompasses item ingestion, setup, cataloging, Production Classification, large scale Information Retrieval and publishing with focus on scale, flexibility and localization of data, process, rules and presentation.
We serve hundreds of millions of requests and queries every day for millions of products with big data, high performance, high availability and scalability being the building blocks of our DNA. The team is also chartered with building an intuitive state-of-the-art marketplace experience that can serve 3rd party retailers across the globe to help unleash their digital experience using this infrastructure.
We are a team of rock star engineers and product visionaries working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of e-Commerce. Our team exudes all-around talent in developing end-to-end solutions in a highly scalable, cloud-based, service-oriented environment.
How You'll Know it's Right
- Experience managing engineering teams building applications with proven accountability for product architecture, design and end-to-end delivery to the customer
- Passionate about reviewing a LOT of code and should be willing to write code 25% of the time
- Strong technical knowledge building large scale applications building in open stack (kotlin, Java, Python).
- Good acumen about evolving Frameworks, Streaming architectures & Big Data
- Strong understanding of scalable, HA distributed systems design using SOA
- Endless drive to make things happen, drive ambiguity to clarity
- Can easily work with product and business on product initiatives, prioritization, planning and execution
- Passionate about people and innovation
- Excellent communication skills in presenting ideas to executive teams
- Be persistent, creative and driven to get results relentlessly
- Exhibit a strong backbone to challenge the status quo
- Exhibit a high level of curiosity, keeping abreast of the latest trends & technologies
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything undertaken
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Around 10 years experience building scalable ecommerce and retail applications
- Bonus Points- understanding of retail or ecommerce domain knowledge