Director of Distribution & Logistics
- Location NEW YORK, NY
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1867996
What you'll do at
Bonobos is looking for a Director of Distribution & Logistics to lead and drive efficiencies in our operation.
The Distribution and Logistics team oversees the flow of product from departure from manufacturer through delivery to our end customer across all channels - DTC, Retail and Wholesale. Our Operations team is the hub at the center of many departmental spokes; we help hold the wheel together and move it forward.
You will report into the Chief Operating Officer and will be an integral player across all divisions of the company including frequent collaboration with Planning, Production, Wholesale, Accounting, Customer Experience, Internal Systems, Merchandise, and Tech Design teams. Your day to day may include coaching your team on rolling out a new SOP, creating a plan to expand our international footprint, troubleshooting exceptions with the Customer Experience team, traveling to our fulfillment center to implement a new process, or removing roadblocks for your team so they can be more efficient. You will also become a power user on a number of operations, inventory and fulfillment systems.
What you'll do...
- Partner with our 3PL on constantly improving performance and planning for growth
- Implement internal tools and processes that scale to support the business
- Stay three steps ahead in planning for and executing on distribution and logistics needs to support our dynamic, growing business
- Ensure SLAs and KPIs are meeting expectations
- Drive continuous improvement, iterating on process and seeking opportunities for time and cost savings
- Develop and manage fulfillment, distribution and packaging budgets
- Develop and provide growth opportunities for your team
Let's be honest though, if you need a rigid job description, this probably isn't the opportunity for you.
- Have at least 8 years experience across the following areas: 3PL fulfillment for ecommerce and wholesale, imports, shipping, procurement
- Have at least 5 years experience managing a team
- Can successfully build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Are extremely detail oriented and methodical
- Are curious, adaptable, and comfortable with change
- Are obsessed with process, efficiency, innovation and iterating on the norm
- Can problem solve and think strategically in the moment when things don’t go as planned
- Have a sense of urgency and can jump right into the middle of a project without feeling overwhelmed
- Have excellent communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with external vendors
- Are passionate about working with a team that believes in what they do
- Are excited to think big picture as well as get your hands dirty relabeling inbound product on the warehouse floor.
- Have an interest in our company, whether you knew about us before this moment, or not
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honest, judgment, empathy and positive energy
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you