Merchandise Coordinator - Art.com - Columbus, OH
- Location COLUMBUS, OH
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1865771
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Job
This position will assist and coordinate the efforts of the Merchandising group and its various projects with all cross functional teams at Art.com. The position will report to the Senior Buyer, Merchandising.
Areas of Responsibility will Include (not limited to)
- Assist with vendor management and review of new items for our core sites. You will assist the Buying team in adding new items to the site using our proprietary software.
- Assist with item information integrity - ensuring product page information is correct, discontinued
items are off the site, images are correct.
- Assist with categorization of newly added images.
- Assist Associate Buyer with vendor and competitor analysis.
- Main contact with Direct Mail Marketing Manager for all direct mail related projects.
- Assist promotions specialist with QA core site emails to ensure consistency with direct to site
- Sample management - ordering and organization of all in house and competitor samples
- Update native app push notifications.
- Assist Site Merch team with proprietary site content tool and site metrics analysis.
- Assist Site Merch team with category hand ranking.
- Manage native app push notifications.
- Liaison between Ohio and Merch team in Emeryville - be the point person for Merch on the ground in Ohio
- Managing general merchandising group inquiries (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Regular review and reporting of CSS intercom Slack channel for merchandising issues for improvement
- 1-2 years of experience in merchandising and/or on-line preferred.
- 1+ year experience in retail environment (specifically experience in an ecommerce environment)
- Understanding of web development & process
- Good ability to partner with others to quickly understand business issues/needs and develop
analyses and answers
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written
and verbal communication skills.
- A strong interest in merchandising or site merchandising
- Working knowledge of how to use Adobe Creative Suite, Basecamp, Google Drive, and Microsoft Excel preferred
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Interest in home decor/background in art a plus