Director of Product, Pricing
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1864420
What you'll do at
About Walmart eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
Pricing is at the heart of what makes us Walmart. We are passionate about helping our customers Save Money, and Live Better. We achieve this vision through a pricing strategy called Everyday Low Prices (EDLP), which has been Walmart’s secret sauce for over half a century. Now, we are redefining EDLP in an e-commerce world of dynamic pricing.
The Pricing product team is responsible for enabling Walmart.com to deliver on EDLP. You will lead a team of product managers, analysts, data scientists, and engineers, spread across the Bay Area, New York, and Dublin as you bring this vision to life. The core pricing product includes all our core pricing algorithms, competitor response, margin management, clearance management, user interactions, site badging, anomaly detection, and backend systems. These critical, tier 1 systems put you at the center of some of Walmart’s biggest go-to-market strategies.
We’re looking for a unique, talented individual. You need to love working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with ownership of one of our most important products, significant cross-functional relationship management, and with strong upward mobility. You need to be an excellent communicator, problem solver, tension-diffuser, and people developer. You need to easily zoom in to the smallest detail of a backend system, then zoom back out to speak to an issue’s impact on our overall P&L. You are a strong partner and thought leader, but can hold your own when influencing a cross-functional partner, while maintaining the relationship. You can set a vision and inspire others, but also hold your team to the highest standards. You don’t have patience for inaction, and find ways to get things done in a large organization. Your team members love working for you because of the way you support, challenge, and push them to grow.
More specifically, you will:
- Set the Pricing Product vision and product roadmap
- Design and evolve a framework to define objectives and measure success
- Collaborate with Engineering to build new algorithms and features
- Leverage data and analytics to identify actionable opportunities and provide senior leadership with key insights into the competitive landscape
- Develop team-members as they work through various workstreams including supporting the product life-cycle, building and monitoring reports, conducting in-depth analyses, and stewarding cross-functional initiatives
- Interface with and advise multiple teams including Pricing Strategy, Competitive Intelligence, Retail, Catalog, and Marketing
- 8+ years of experience in a highly analytical product management role
- A rigorous course of undergraduate study with a preference towards computer science, engineering, business, economics, natural sciences, or mathematics
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional projects and manage teams with time-sensitive deliverables and shifting priorities
- Sufficient mastery of technical concepts to participate in design discussions and materially contribute to building and maintaining complex technical systems
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority
- Knowledge of SQL or other relational database query languages is preferred