Advanced Analytics Manager, Retail Analytics and Strategy
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team Retail Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1862142
What you'll do at
The Analytics Manager is responsible for providing tactical insights to help drive the retail organization’s key KPI’s and initiatives. The ideal candidate will become a thought leader in empowering the retail team with data-driven recommendations for boosting sales performance. He/She will participate in developing and articulating strategic solutions to various teams in the retail, product, and engineering organizations across various e-commerce platforms (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoebuy.com), and ultimately help integrate findings into current business work flows.
We are looking for someone who has a strong analytical mindset along with a passion and ability to recognize opportunities to expand the business by delivering key insights to our business partners.
- Designs, develops, and presents strategic recommendations that directly address key business questions
- Develops and manages complex models and algorithms for predicting assortment performance metrics
- Builds prototypes and scalable solutions to institutionalize strategic recommendations
- Collaborates with Advanced Analytics experts to develop new data analysis techniques
- Cultivates partnerships with Product and Engineering teams to integrate analytical data framework and insights into business work flows
- Makes strategic recommendations to General Managers to help improve the business
- Mentors Advanced Analytics specialists
- Conducts tracking and measurement of KPIs related to recommendations and socializes to the broader teams
- Contributes to the Retail Analytics team in helping innovate, improve, and standardize processes
- Works with big data (100+ million records) to create analytical frameworks.
- 5+ years’ experience in business and data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Proficiency with SQL, Python or R programming
- Experience in automation and scripting techniques
- Ability to explain advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and constantly evolving environment
- Understanding of Internet data collection and metrics like conversion rates, click through, and bounce rates
Bonus points for
- Advanced Degree in Business, Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics or Computer Science
- Experience building machine learning models
- Retail business mindset and familiarity with Retail profitability and assortment metrics a plus!