Business Analyst - Merchandising
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1844645
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Job
We are looking for an exceptional individual who is intellectually curious, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our team as Business Management Analyst. This Business Management Analyst is a highly visible position central to the continued growth, efficiency and success of the Home Group at Walmart eCommerce and will have broad exposure across strategy, business development, merchandising, operations, and finance. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in finance, business operations, and data analytics and is looking to gain additional real world operating experience prior to attending a top business school.
This position will report directly to the Vice President and General Manager, Home and will be located in our San Bruno, California offices.
What You Will Get To Do
- Work closely with the VP/GMs of Home on the development and execution of short and long-term business strategies and partnerships which exceed customer expectations across various channels and drive operating leverage in our profit and loss (P&L).
- Design and perform complex multi-variable analyses, on a continuous and ad-hoc basis, to determine resolutions that clarify and address operational and business concerns.
- Drive performance customer analytics, including producing weekly and monthly reports that support partnership efforts and highlight key insights and trends.
- Structuring and performing partnership analysis, and conducting primary research, to uncover the insights that support our recommendations on long-term strategy.
- Ensure Home team members are continuously aware of the performance and health of the business.
Who You Are
- Customer-Centric: You are passionate about baking customer service into how you think and operate.
- 2+ years of investment banking or management consulting experience.
- Self-starter looking to gain broad operating experience in helping scale a fast growing business.
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical skills, including demonstrated ability in performing complex data analysis and drawing actionable insights.
- Ability to execute independent research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations
- Strong presentation skills with an exceptional ability to communicate new ideas and findings.
- A good balance of analytical and creative thinking with the potential to become a business leader.
- Thrives under pressure, balancing multiple work streams and priorities.
- Team player who is a self-starter and is able to thrive in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- BA/BS degree from a top school.
What We Can Offer You
- Unique opportunity to accelerate your career by learning to run the details of running the operations of a business.
- Exposure to high visibility and strategic projects with potential for big impact.
- First-hand experience to help define the future of online and physical commerce at massive scale.
- To develop and generate your professional network.
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office.
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting stuff done.
- Unique chance to build and lead an exceptionally talented team.
- Opportunity to learn and participate in the growth of a Fortune One startup.