Senior Graphic Designer
- Location SAN MATEO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1839568
What you'll do at
About the Job
The Walmart Media Group is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer who has an eye for beautiful design and a mind for powerful visual storytelling. You will join our in-house Creative Services team, committed to creating highly imaginative, concept-driven solutions. Reporting to the Sr Manager, Brand, you will be focused on developing a range of multi-channel creative assets for sales materials, integrated marketing campaigns, and event assets. You are someone who’s not afraid of design challenges and are excited to jump into new and impactful projects. Additionally, you can work collaboratively within a diverse team and can help bring projects to life. You’ve got an amazing portfolio of work showcasing some design awesomeness. And last but NOT least, you are an overall delight to be around, self-motivated, and proud of putting out some eye-catching designs.
Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s advertising platform for brands, uniquely designed to reach hundreds of millions of U.S. shoppers across their entire shopping journey. We connect billions of shopping behaviors to real transactions (both online and in-store), and help marketers truly understand how their marketing drives results.
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Conceptualize, design, and execute multi-channel creative assets that are engaging and clean, with a consistent look and feel that adhere to brand guidelines. Examples include infographics, emails, custom presentations, case studies, etc.
- Partner with team to ideate and design from creative briefs
- Find new and unique ways to use our design guidelines, while ensuring creative is consistent with our visual identity, industry best practices and our brand positioning.
- Incorporate user experience best practices in all digital marketing.
- Comfortably vocalize concepts and ideas, while articulating the overall benefits of design and brand identity
- Manage workload and multiple deadlines in partnership with project manager
- Manage, coach, and direct team of designers
- 6+ years of proven experience designing for multiple platforms
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic design or equivalent field
- Experience working in B2B, E-commerce, Digital Advertising and/or supporting a highly-motivated sales organization a plus
- A strong design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs
- Deep understanding of design principles and industry trends.
- Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns)
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Powerpoint, Illustrator, and Indesign as well as have excellent typography skills
- Skilled at displaying data in interesting and easily-digestible
- Strong interaction design skills (deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces)
- Communication and presentation skills, can clearly present work by articulating and advocating design rationale
- Excellent collaboration skills a must, as candidate will be working closely with a copywriter, designers, project manager, creative director, business leads, and more.
- Self-starter, problem-solver attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of a highly-communicative team
- Extremely effective and organized; able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Readily give and receive constructive feedback