Sales Strategy Analyst
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1832482
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group is looking for a Sales Strategy Analyst to partner with various cross-functional team to a) identify opportunities for improvement on existing in-market sales activities, b) partner with Product and Ops on valuation, messaging, timing of Betas and new product rollouts and c) Support and challenge media strategy through insightful media analyses in partnership with our Insights & Analytics team.
- Develop streamlined process of testing new product features/tools, valuation of new products, and betas for sales organization to execute against that aligns with overall sales strategy
- Partner w/ Insights & Analytics team along with Marketing to generate data driven insights into internal consumer-based trends
- Discover areas of operational inefficiencies between Campaign Management, Account Management, and Ad Operations and work w/respective stakeholders to define and implement key workflows between the teams.
- Frame and break down complex business problems into key components, design analysis to drive insights and answers to critical questions, and recommend practical solutions to get results
- Collect & analyze data, information, and research (e.g., market data, competitive analysis, etc.) through quantitative and qualitative mechanisms to make decisions on critical strategic issue
- Support management in strategic, operational planning and ensure decisions align overall WMG sales approach and goals
- Establish operational excellence and ensure we have strong plans and KPIs in place at an industry level for our Global and SMB level clients.
- Discover and drive new solutions and improvements across the sales platforms, tools, and processes
- 4+ years work experience in media industry in planning, ad operations, sales operations, or strategy
- Expertise in Excel, Salesforce, SQL relational databases and BI tools like Tableau
- Strong knowledge of media research, trafficking, tracking and reporting processes, techniques and technologies
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to oversee multiple, simultaneous solutions executed by support teams
- Experience developing or overseeing quantitative analysis and delivering actionable insights
- Self-starter mentality and entrepreneurial spirit with a strong drive for excellence and delivery of results