Director, Measurement Insights and Analysis
- Location SAN MATEO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1832170
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at an unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full-funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced measurement client-facing leader who will focus on leveraging advertising solutions and platforms to grow their businesses on Walmart. You will lead a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
- Lead the team in conducting in-depth standard and custom ad effectiveness studies for advertisers to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and across media with actionable recommendations.
- Partner with advertisers to measure the business value by building and operationalizing a “learning agenda” that highlights how a client can improve business outcomes by employing better measurement and full funnel ad solutions.
- Lead process improvement initiatives to scale data and measurement solutions in collaboration with internal/external stakeholders.
- Partner with Product and centralized Engineering Data Science team to develop methods for measuring causal ROI of innovative marketing tactics and strategies.
- Contribute to building measurement/analytics tools, and platforms reflect the best and most appropriate solutions available.
- Lead assessment execution for multiple third-party data and measurement solutions and assess the potential usefulness, validity, and rigor of new data sources or measurement capabilities of potential partners.
Required Skills and Background
- Masters, Ph.D. degree
- 10+ years of experience, including consulting, measurement technology, research or analytics
- Communication, presentation, and project management experience.
- Experience in a client or customer-facing role persuading clients and driving action based on data
- Knowledge of quantitative research methods and considerations
- Experience in consumer internet and social media
- Experience with performance marketing concepts
- Knowledge of advertising and/or measurement methods and technologies
- Experience as a manager with track record of building teams and developing talent
- Experience in the languages of data manipulation (e.g., SQL, R).