Photo Studio Stylist
- Location EDISON, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Retail
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1825884
What you'll do at
LOCATION: BARE NECESSITIES in EDISON, NJ
Photo Studio Stylist
Position Summary: The Photo Studio Stylist will serve as lead stylist and fit expert for all e-comm and ad-hoc marketing requests; mostly on model. This individual will be responsible for ensuring our product is always shown to its full potential and reflects our brand point of view. The Stylist should thrive in a fast paced, high volume studio environment and adhere to tight deadlines. This individual
works collaboratively with members of the Photo Studio Team, Creative Team and Merchandising Team. Must have a love for intimate apparel, fashion and retail industries.
Reports to: Creative Director
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create Style Guides to ensure proper fit for key categories of our business.
- Execute styling of looks on set for product shoot days, utilizing keen eye for detail and fit to produce highest quality images for all women’s (and occasionally men’s) product.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in Fashion and Styling and bring new ideas and inspiration to Creative Director.
- Work with Creative Director, Photographer and model on set to maintain clear communication and produce best results in styling, posing, and overall efficiency.
- Participate in on-site and offsite product and campaign shoots.
- Perform administrative and organizational tasks associated with the position including creating Set Sheets for all styled racks of clothing when appropriate.
- Prepare merchandise for photography as well as assist in the on-set fit and styling of product.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized Styling Closet and contribute to regular rotation of products.
- Experience styling for both on-figure and still life photography is necessary
- Be entrepreneurial and forward thinking
- Ability to work and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work well with others in a busy photo studio
- Current knowledge of fashion trends and high end designers
- Excellent taste-level and familiarity with products featured on BareNecessities.com
- Ability to create fresh and innovative looks while maintaining brand standards and overall wear ability
- Experience working in a Photo Studio or e-commerce retail setting is a must
- Strong communication skills articulating thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in both written and spoken communication
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required
- BFA preferred