Site Merchandising Manager - Household & Personal Care
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Everyday Living
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1824307
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
Category Review and Monitoring:
- Recommends site merchandising performance metrics for a low-to-moderately complex category and notifies category managers of variations in results.
- Proactively requests new analytics from Retail Analytics function.
- Reviews reports of site traffic and patterns and performs insightful analytics to determine areas for optimization to drive conversion rates.
- Partners with category teams to analyze category performance for a low-to-moderately complex category and advises on where changes to visual presentation may enhance sales conversion rates.
- Works closely with campaign and program leads and cross-functional partners (e.g., Category Management, Pricing, Marketing, Engineering) to align on strategies and plans for a low-to-moderately complex category.
- Serves as an advisor and partner to category manager, identifying potential enhancements or changes based on knowledge of the category, industry trends and customer behaviors.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments.
Customer Experience Optimization:
- Applies knowledge of customer behaviors and decision making and contributes to the development of the strategy for site features and functionality (including what makes the category unique) for a low-to-moderately complex category.
- Oversees evaluation of customer reviews, analyzes trends and patterns, and provides insights regarding buyer group preferences to optimize customer experience and drive category performance.
- Leads the analysis of patterns and recommends modification of site features to category managers to fit the needs of the customer.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Have performance and career development conversations.
- Maintains team motivation and engagement.
- Mentors Site Merchandising Specialists.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates.
Visual Merchandising Presentation:
- Oversees the visual merchandising presentation for a low-to-moderately complex category to best respond to customer demand and convert visits into sales.
- Directs the display of and approves product attributes, images and content, and ensures proper taxonomy and attribution.
- Understands market best practices for visual merchandise displays and builds plans to reflect first class presentation of products within categories.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Five years related experience