Director of Ad Experiences
- Location SAN MATEO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1819320
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Job
The Director of Ad Experiences will define, design and develop new revenue generating advanced advertising products that live at the emerging intersection of advertising and commerce - Creating “Ads that customers love.”
This is a role within Walmart Media Group (WMG) and will be a foundational driver of the WMG team’s growth. The ideal candidate will build and lead a team of customer centric product leaders that will create and execute new ad experiences; experiences that begin with the customer. These programs will be designed to entertain, inform and influence shoppers across the Walmart ecosystem, to drive brand awareness and conversion both on-line and in-stores.
Reporting to the VP of Product and Innovation, the ideal candidate for this role is a detail oriented, strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, a creative mind and has a solid base of engineering understanding. The position also requires the ability to:
- Support sales team by working directly with advertisers and partners to deepen relationships and scale partnerships
- Lead market assessment, opportunity definition and provide quantitative analysis & feedback on all solutions
- Build, inspire and manage a team of product managers, UX designers and product analysts that synthesize, scope and launch ad experiences with clear KPIs
- Develop business justification that support the development and rollout of these new solutions/programs
- Collaborate with other product leads, sales, ops and marketing to ensure all products are scoped and integrated correctly
- Work across the broader organization to ensure awareness and integration with teams including CE, Stores, Engineering, Merchandising, Retail, Marketing etc.
- Understand and work within the broader organizations focus on the customer
- Think creatively to develop highly engaging and effective ad experiences that inspire and delight the customer
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with a deep understanding of advertiser and customer needs, the competitive landscape (both retail and advertising), and Walmart’s complex ecosystem across stores and ecommerce. The candidate must also have a proven ability to communicate and partner across departments.
- Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the voice of the market internally with Product Management and Engineering
- Work cross-functionally with partner teams across multiple locations so communication, collaboration, and organization are key to your success
- Research on trends and patterns in market: perform industry research and competitor product analysis. Must know the trends and customer needs, but also drive new and innovative solutions that unlock the capabilities of Walmart’s digital and physical experiences as its core differentiator
- Build and lead a team of product minded advertising and/or commerce savvy individuals
- Develop business justification in support of the development and rollout of these new solutions/programs
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader retail advertising ecosystem to develop strategic product feedback and positioning
- Support the definition, development and delivery of an integrated ad product vision, strategy and go-to-market for new products and programs that live at the intersection of advertising and omni-channel commerce.
- Influence product strategy and in-product communications through relevant consumer, industry and product insights, driving alignment across teams.
- Provide competitive analysis to identify new opportunities.
- Tackle complex problems with a creative and strategic mindset, and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems.
Minimum Job Requirements
- BA/BS (MBA Preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in advertising, product marketing, marketing or related field for internet, commerce, ad-tech, agency or consumer technology
- Work in Customer Experience is preferred
- Creative product and/or product marketing experience
- Ability to work against tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment keeping a keen eye on detail and accuracy.
- Positive, open-minded attitude, able to thrive working with cross-functional teams, with a willingness to learn are important for this position.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a results-oriented mindset
- Thrives in and enjoys a highly-collaborative, face-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).