Group Manager, Data Product Management
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team Retail Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1815861
What you'll do at
The Group Manager for Advanced Analytics and Data Product Management is responsible for ownership of projects and deliverables supporting the Walmart eCommerce Merchandising organization. They should have a strong understanding of data modeling principles, working with multiple systems and stakeholders, and data cleaning/ETL. They will be creating highly impactful solutions to complex problems alongside a talented team in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
[Challenge 1]: Working with stakeholders to identify problems within the business that can be solved.
[Challenge 2]: Delivering meaningful and impactful data products to production systems
[Challenge 3]: Leveraging world-class technology for analysis, reporting, and data visualization
- Define and drive the roadmap for data product within Retail Analytics
- Build relationships with stakeholders in the Merchandising and Engineering organizations to identify opportunities to drive results
- Build and innovate how the organization uses data and enables Advanced Analytics
- Work with the Data Engineering, Retail Analytics and Merchandising leadership teams to aggregate data from multiple sources
How you’ll know it’s right
- If you like solving complex problems
- If you want to see the impact of the work you do
- If you like to continue to learn new tools and technologies
- You are looking for a high visibility, high impact role
We think you’d look great in purple.
- Minimum 6 years of total work experience (including internships)
- Proficient in Excel, SQL, Data Visualization
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Engineering, Business Management or related fields.
Bonus points for Experience with:
- Consulting or Agency Experience
- R, Python
- Advanced ETL/Data Engineering
- MBA or Masters Degree in Business Analytics, Data Engineering or related field
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.