Director, Category Merchandising Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team Retail Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1815728
What you'll do at
The Director, Category & Merchandising Analytics will provide strategic and analytic support for the US Ecommerce Merchandising teams, and the Chief Merchandising Officer. Your goal is to lead a team to use data and analyses to uncover problems, guide critical business decisions, optimize the operational execution of those decisions.
Location: San Bruno, CA or Hoboken, NJ
Challenges you’ll be tackling
- You’ll help identify problems and areas of improvement in the merchandising realm: profitability, assortment, pricing, forecasting, inventory management, among others
- You’ll partner with General Managers and Category leaders of US Ecommerce Merchandising to influence business strategy and solve complex problems
- You’ll be the go-to person for data and tools for your vertical organization.
- Provide business intelligence and reporting for retail, marketing, and customer analytics departments
- Detect root causes of changes in metrics and effectively communicate these insights to different audiences
- Conduct in-depth research and provide quantitative analysis to evaluate new projects and business opportunities by defining metrics and frameworks
- Identify levers to move key metrics
- Build and automate dashboards and reports
- Collaborate with category owners and leaders to uncover challenges in each line of business and create data-driven solutions to them
- Partner with the larger data science and core analytics team to develop solutions to improve internal workflows and tooling
- Mentor and train category specialists and managers to use data and tools to improve their business performance
- Building and leading a team to drive all of these outcomes
How You’ll Know It’s Right
- If you want to shape the future of e-commerce by working with one of the richest data sets in the world
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies around where the only constant is change…
- We think you’d look great in purple.
- Minimum of 8 years of full-time work experience in a highly analytical capacity
- Minimum of 6 years doing advanced quantitative analysis based on large amounts of data
- Minimum of 6 years of SQL, Tableau (or similar BI tools) and Excel
- Self-starter with problem-solving skills
- Experience in the Retail industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related quantitative field.
- Graduate Degree (MBA Preferred)
- Understanding of statistical analysis; experience with packages, such as R, Python, SAS etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- eCommerce or Merchandising experience
About Walmart US ECommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.