Image Editor- Fashion Photo Studio
- Location SECAUCUS, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1812130
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Image Editor is responsible to reviewing every image created in the studio by a team of staff photographers as well as reviewing vendor provided and Looklet imagery. The focus of the job is to prepare the images for publication to one or more of our ecommerce sites. This position also maintains quality assurance for off shore retouching services.
Any additional required corrections will need to be made using advanced Photoshop techniques such as clipping paths, balancing backgrounds, eliminating unwanted imperfections, wrinkles, dust and rigging tools. The technical ability of this associate will provide the critical consistency of all images. This associate will also maintain the image database that resides in the studio and prepare image transfers to production applications. The environment is extremely fast paced by photography standards with an average item count over 50 items/bay for fashion and 30-40 items/bay for still life.
You are a risk taker—a dreamer who delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- Retouching and color correction for items shot in our studio
- Ensure proper naming and quality control for RTW, laydown and still items shot in our studio
- Ensure proper naming and quality control for vendor supplied images
- Ensure quality control for images processed by offshore partners, including Looklet
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography, Computer Graphics, or Graphic Arts or related field
- 3+ years experience in photo and image production or related field OR 3+ years experience in photo and image production or related field.
- Superior knowledge of Photoshop and excellent photo-retouching skills necessary. Retouching skills include but are not limited to; creating good selections, masking, dropping in backgrounds, cropping, color correcting, curves/levels adjustments, liquefying, compositing and using history states.
- 3+ years experience in digital imagery post-production.
- Video Editing experience using Final Cut Pro is a plus
- 2 years experience working on cross-functional teams.
- 3 years experience working with content management systems, digital asset management systems, and workflow tools (for example, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel) including experience on both Mac and PC hardware.
- 2 years experience in retail marketing, merchandising, or related field.
- 3 years experience working with imagery software (for example, Adobe Creative Suite), including experience with non-destructive photo manipulation and retouching, and large batch processing.
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results
Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures, and supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Lifts and carries equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.