Studio Coordinator - Fashion Photo Studio
- Location SECAUCUS, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1812065
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground.
About the Job
The Studio Coordinator manages the day to day studio operations with support from the teams operating out of the studio.
They are responsible for organizing and maintaining the studio space, Looklet, photographic and peripheral equipment, computers and supplies for all studio shoots.
The studio is fast-paced environment with an average of over 100 inbound items daily. A strong focus and sense of urgency is required. The studio coordinator is responsible for maintaining and supporting all of the following and interfacing with internal and external resources for support when needed:
- Looklet hardware and software; Cameras; Lighting; Grip; Inventory; Repairs; Allocation; Cap Ex Quote & Purchase
- Maintenance & Repairs; Workstation Standardization; Monitor Calibration; On Site Troubleshooting; Help Desk Liaison; Inventory; Ordering Peripherals
- Coordinate with Producers and Merchandise Coordinators; Allocation for Crews; Clean/Organize; Mapping; Safety and Organization
- Maintain Photo Expendables; Maintain Styling Expendables; Creative Team peripherals; Order & Maintain Inventory
- Train new Item Photographers for roster; Train new Digital Techs on workflow; Occasional Staff Training for Image Editors (i.e. Color Training)
- Develop and maintain workflows for all areas of studio focus: On Figure, Looklet, Laydowns, Stills, etc.; Provide “One Pager” Updates; Create and maintain Process docs
- Cap Ex Equipment Purchases; Supply Purchases; Expense Reports
- Oversee handling of all Shipping and Deliveries; Organization of all packages
- Server memory and any troubleshooting w/IT
Marketing Shoot Images
- Manage image file delivery to Art Director/PA team; Manage hard drives from location shoots; Coordinate and Communicate with Producer, AD, and PA teams
Item Daily Shot Count
- Make rounds with each Item set crew daily; Deliver data to Sample Coordinator
- Maintenance and Mac displays monthly
You are a risk taker—a dreamer who delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- 4 years minimum experience in professional photo studio operations (high volume experience a plus)
- Full understanding of photo studio roles and responsibilities
- Full understanding of photo studio equipment and maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with management and outside vendors
- Proficient working knowledge of Mac and PC computing platforms, including Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with database management tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines
- BA or BFA Degree in design or a Visual Arts related degree
- 3+ years fashion ecommerce studio experience
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results
Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures, and supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.