Planning Manager: Music, Arts & Crafts, Office, Party & Photo
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Entertainment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1802661
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets.
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Reviews and approves inventory projections and buying strategies.
- Oversees analyses, risk assessment and modeling on inventory plans.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects.
- Ensures business needs are being met.
- Reviews sales and profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met and summarizes issues/discrepancies.
- Provides input on key metrics for other category teams.
- Directs team to model, analyze and evaluate impact of key variables on business performance.
- Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on business performance.
- Partners with senior leadership in Planning to develop and implement category financial strategies and budgets.
Forecasting and Financial Planning:
- Manages forecast meetings and processes and decision making for a moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Reviews forecast plans for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Reviews vendor/seller forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Assists in the development of category financial plans and budgets (e.g., for sales, margins, 3P revenue)for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Manages placement of orders for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Provides input into assortment, pricing and shipping decisions for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts.
- Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives.
- Coaches team members and provide feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Have performance and career development conversations.
- Maintain stream motivation and engagement.
- Mentors Planners.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates.
- Bachelor s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Seven years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area.