Director, Yield Analytics
- Location SAN MATEO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1802597
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Yield Analytics with the goal of maximizing the long-term value for advertisers, Walmart, and partners by collaborating with sales, product development and operations to experiment, establish pricing packaging, discount, & custom opportunities to grow the business through data analysis.
What We're Looking For
- Leads Strategy, Reporting, Management of Inventory, Pricing, & Yield working in collaboration with cross-functional teams in Sales and Operations. Great communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams, including both business and technical stakeholders.
- Drive analyses to improve technical and quantitative understanding of advertising & merchandising across Walmart digital properties. Excellent analytical skills; excellent at handling large and complex data sets
- Aggregate Web, Ads, & eCommerce Analytics retrieved through automation via raw data logs and communicate summary to leadership in near real-time environment.
- A/B Test: Test variations on messaging or features. Measure effectiveness of recommendations and perform analytical deep-dives to resolve problems or identify opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, product, product marketing, and engineering on optimization opportunities and insights
- Provide insights with the goal of increasing growth, driving advertiser & user engagement to see beyond the numbers to drive the advertising business.
- Make recommendations and help guide product and business decisions based on marketplace analyses and an understanding of network dynamics and long-term strategy.
- 7+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics, or Finance)
- Demonstrated problem solving with experience providing business insights from large data sets
- Experience with data manipulation utilizing Hive and/or SQL data visualization like Tableau), and statistical analysis, either R or Python.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Must be able to work effectively both on teams as well as be Self-motivated, task oriented and organized.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with deadlines and in a fast paced environment.
- Prefer a background in Marketing, Advertising, Merchandizing, and/or Retail
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Exceptional collaboration & leadership skills. Comfort working with and managing sizable teams in fast paced environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment
- Programming/scripting experience a must (SQL, R, Python)
- Experience in data engineering and building large scale data infrastructure using Hadoop, Teradata, Scala, a big plus along with data visualization (e.g. Domo, Looker, Thoughtspot, Tableau)
- Deep expertise in advertising platforms and/or the ad tech industry preferred, such as DFP and front-end sales systems such as Salesforce. Experience with publisher digital yield tools is a plus.
- Web and marketing analytics skills (e.g, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) are preferred