Senior Product Designer, Stores
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Customer Experience
- Team UX/UI
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1802312
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
What you'll do
As a Sr. Designer we need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative within the Customer Experience of Walmart’s Global eCommerce Division. Specifically, your assignment is to apply your deep knowledge of user experience design (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) to our core shopping experience to deeply empathize with the customer. You will liaise within cross-functional partnerships across Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom to create delightful and effective eCommerce experiences across multiple platforms.
The right fit is someone who is an advanced creative and strategic designer, passionate for building in the ecommerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
- Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interface
- Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts
- Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research and data
- Have a real impact at scale through new product launches and incremental improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
- Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior UX designer or equivalent practical experience
- Delivered successful design for responsive web, iOS and Android
- A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs.
- Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce
- Bachelor’s in Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field.
Other required qualifications:
- Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
- Stellar visual skills
- Excellent grasp of design and process including Product/Interaction/Visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Deep understanding of design thinking and industry trends.
- Good communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you must be able to articulate and advocate design rationale.
- Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
- Experience partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.