Senior Product Manager, Product Catalog
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1801859
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
Senior Product Manager, Product Catalog
This role is part of the Retail Core Engine Product team (see description below). Its mission is to enable great search, browse and shopping experiences by building machine learning-powered products that connect what customers want to our rapidly growing Catalog of items.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Catalog Product team, you will interface with multiple functions including engineering, data science, and operations. You will work with key stakeholders on the merchandising side and define the vision, strategy, roadmap and execution of Catalog services that enable customers to discover all our items across multiple journeys.
You will work on critical Catalog functions including product grouping, item matching and mismatch detection, data normalization, and analytics. Your work will ensure our customers have a stellar experience while they search for and select different variants of the products they seek.
Who are you:
- You are an extremely talented and experienced product manager with a drive to learn, grow and solve tough problems at scale.
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills that enable you to simplify complex problems and evangelize a strategy and roadmap to stakeholders up and down the management chain.
- You have a good understanding of data science with a strong focus on execution.
- You are comfortable working with large datasets and drawing conclusions using statistical methods.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You have a “customer first” approach to solving problems.
- You empower and inspire those around you to take action and innovate.
- You are a natural leader with a proven ability to mentor and manage junior product managers.
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience.
- Good knowledge of Machine Learning. Data Science Background preferred.
- Self-directed, well organized and proactive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership/mentorship experience.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and growth mindset.
- Experience interfacing at all levels of the organization, including presenting to
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field a plus.
About the Retail Core Engine:
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product owner within the Retail Core Engine you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers at the world’s largest retailer. You’ll be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to deliver through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmart’s US E-Commerce Retail Business you’ll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance.
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmart’s US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com and more).
- A diverse set of leaders who represent the best and brightest in omni-channel commerce.
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business… partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience.
- The ability to influence the direction of one of the world’s largest companies. The only constraint is your vision and passion to execute.